# NFT Resources For Artists
### Learning about NFTs
- [The OpenSea NFT Bible](https://opensea.io/blog/guides/non-fungible-tokens/) explains the basics about NFTs and evolving standards for creating NFTs
- [Ethereum Guide to NFTs](https://ethereum.org/en/nft/)
- [Non-Fungible & Fungible Tokens: A Quick Overview](https://blog.rsk.co/noticia/non-fungible-fungible-tokens-a-quick-overview/)
- [Apple Insider article](https://appleinsider.com/articles/21/03/14/nft----everything-you-need-to-know-about-non-fungible-tokens) explains the basics of NFTs and current issues like copyright
### Platforms where you can create NFTs
- [OpenSea](https://opensea.io/) - Sort of like the eBay of the NFT world. You can purchase a variety of NFTs from many different projects and also create your own.
- [Rarible](https://rarible.com/create) - A community-governed platform for creating digital assets, with support for the ERC1155 standard.
- [Nifty Gateway](https://niftygateway.com/) - Big NFT platformed owned by the Winklevoss twins. Any artist can sign up.
- [MakersPlace](https://makersplace.com/) - provides creators with the ability to protect and sell authentic and unique editions of their digital creations. Any artist can sign up.
- [Known Origin](https://knownorigin.io/) - NFT creation platform with an application process for artists to join.
- [How to Join as an Artist](https://docs.knownorigin.io/guide/joining-ko-as-an-artist/#how-to-apply)
- [Guide and FAQs](https://docs.knownorigin.io/guide)
- [SuperRare](https://www.superrare.co/) - Curated NFT creation platform, open to select artists.
### Great NFT communities and NFT Social Media
- [Reddit NFT forum](https://www.reddit.com/r/NFT/)
- [$Whale Community](https://whale.me/)
- [YouTube](https://www.youtube.com/c/WhaleCommunity/videos) - Lots of artist interviews and general NFT news and topics
- [NFTBoxes/Pranksy](https://nftboxes.io/) - NFT Whale Pranksy curates a monthly “box” of NFTs with a headliner artist and a theme
- [Julie’s curated Twitter list of NFT people](https://twitter.com/i/lists/1355937946847698945)
### Virtual NFT Worlds
- [Sominum Space](https://somniumspace.com) - Virtual reality world built on blockchain.
- [Museum of Crypto Art](https://somniumspace.com/parcel/3397) in Somnium Space.
- [Decentraland](https://decentraland.org/) - Create, explore and trade in the first-ever virtual world owned by its users.
- [The Sandbox](https://www.sandbox.game/en/) - Play, Create, Own, and Govern a virtual world made by players
### Stuff you need to know about Ethereum
- [Metamask](https://metamask.io) - Necessary extension for using your Ethereum wallet on the web
- [Getting Started with Metamask](https://decrypt.co/resources/metamask)
- [Metamask Tips and Tricks](https://www.altcoinbuzz.io/bitcoin-and-crypto-guide/metamask-tips-and-tricks-you-can-use/)
- [Ethereum Gas Checker](https://etherscan.io/gastracker)
### Crypto on and off ramps
Once you aquire some Ethereum, you will need to move it to your web browser wallet, Metamask so you can buy, sell, and manage your NFTs.
- [Coinbase](https://www.coinbase.com/join/kaiwahine) - This is the easiest way for folks in the US to buy and sell cryptocurrencies or convert them into fiat (US dollars). This is an affiliate link, and if you use it, you and I will each get $10 in Bitcoin if you’re starting a new account and buy or sell $100 worth of crypto.
- [Robinhood](https://join.robinhood.com/julies1253) - Buy and sell cryptocurrencies and stocks easily. Sign up promo is a free share of stock in a public company. Robinhood does not support NFTs at this time. This is also an affiliate link.
- [Paypal](https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/crypto) - Easy way to buy and sell basic cryptocurrencies and transfer to/from fiat to your bank account.
### NFT License
- [Dapper Labs 2.0 NFT License](https://www.nftlicense.org/)
- [OpenSea blog about identifying fake NFTs and other security concerns](https://opensea.io/blog/guides/how-to-safely-purchase-nfts-on-opensea/)
- [Ledger hardware wallet](https://shop.ledger.com/pages/ledger-nano-x?r=3b2635dd4f72) - It is best to store your cryptocurrency and NFTs on a hardware key like the Ledger Nano S or X. Although secure, some NFT projects are not compatible with hardware wallets at this time.