tags: Grants, Alchemists
title: Optimism Governance Fund Phase 1 Grant Proposal
tl;dr - DAOhaus is requesting `OP` tokens to incentivize projects to launch their DAOs via Optimism
# [Optimism] DAOhaus
**Project Name**: DAOhaus
**Author Name**: Sam Baurle and Spencer Graham, DAOhaus
**Number of OP tokens requested**: n/a
**L2 Recipient Address**: n/a
**Relevant Usage Metrics: (TVL, transactions, volume, unique addresses, etc.)**
- TVL: $416M in Total Value Flow
- Txs: 13k Proposals
- Volume: 100 DAOs
- Unique addresses: +10k members
**Optimism alignment (up to 200 word explanation):**
DAOhaus provides purpose driven communities an open and free to use no-code platform for launching and managing their [Moloch DAOs](https://twitter.com/nowdaoit/status/1521542721948708864?s=20&t=oNs90kv7rIWWe20UYfOCyA).
Similar to Optimism's Citizens' House, shares in a DAOhaus DAOs are non-transferrable once issued. DAOhaus DAOs are primarily permissioned, meaning that in order join one, an on-chain membership proposal must be submitted.
On-chain governance is important to DAOhaus as all DAO proposals execute on-chain. We see an opportunity for DAOhaus to benefit from Optimism's lower cost of transacting, without taking any short-cuts on security.
DAOhaus offers a high degree of security & strong protections for minority shareholders through a feature called ragequit. Ragequit enables members to at **any time** burn their shares for a proportional claim of assets held in the DAO treasury.
DAOhaus also created the [Yeeter](https://yeet.daohaus.club/) to support funding public goods in a trust-minimized way (more on this later).
We believe Optimism does an excellent job of matching the cultural relevance of Ethereum and is approaching cultural legitimacy with Mainnet. Without saying too much, DAOhaus is thrilled to support the Optimistic Vision!
See DAOhaus x [Optimism Demo Day](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljObfhPSre0)!
**Proposal for token distribution (under 1000 words):**
**How will the OP tokens be distributed?**
To manage the OP received from Optimism, DAOhaus will create a council of stewards with members from Optimism, DAOhaus, and Wildfire.
The council will be responsible for distributing OP according to the process outlined by stewards of the council, based primarily out of activity on Optimism and DAOhaus.
**How will this distribution incentivize usage and liquidity on Optimism?**
By distributing OP to DAOs created on Optimism, we open the floodgates for DAOs to use OP in a variety of ways e.g (Providing liquidity, incentivizing contributors, funding new projects, etc). The users we anticipate brining in from DAOhaus will be non-accretive, meaning they are distinct from the larger group of DeFi users on Optimism.
**Why will the incentivized users and liquidity remain after incentives dry up?**
When a DAO is created, more often than not it stays on the chain it was created on, and the more active they become the more sticky they get. The council will be focused on distributing incentives to projects that demonstrate acitivty on Optimism and DAOhaus, therefore we believe liquidity will remain on Optimism even after incentives dry up.
**Over what period of time will the tokens be distributed?**
The time period in which the council distributes tokens will be determined based on the amount of OP that is received as well as the level of activity that DAOs on Optimism demonstrate. That said, we forecast distributing OP over a 3-6 month period.
**How much will your project match in co-incentives?**
UberHaus is willing to match up to 1% of the HAUS token supply in the form of UberHaus shares for DAOs who demonstrate sufficient aligment with DAOhaus. The council will have the ultimate say over who is aligned and who is not.
###### Other considerations:
Just this week, the Yeeter contracts went live on Optimism!
**Projects seeking retroactive public goods funding could receive that funding into a DAOhaus DAO on Optimism.**
- If the destination for requested Retroactive Public goods funding is into a DAOhaus DAO - and that DAO proves it is active / more than a small team, then they could be eligible for rewards from DAOhaus.
#### What are Optimisms Values
- Experimenting with new governance mechanisms
- transferrable & non-transferrable
- Experimenting with Funding public goods in a trust-minimized way
- Trying to facilitate cheaper gas costs while maintaining strong security
- Optimism wants to support a wide array of projects seeking Public Goods funding
#### Returing to DAOhaus Values
- Non-transferrable DAO membership (major alignment)
- DAOhaus believes in the power of permissioned governance systems
- Yeeter - experimenting with Funding public goods in a trust-minimized way
- DAOhaus - security & strong protections for minority share-holders - which relies on-chain governance, the opportunity to benefit from lower gas costs without taking shortcuts on security
- (playing with ego) There are options other than Mainnet, but no chain has been able to match the cultural relevancy that Ethereum espouses. Optimism is approaching cultural legitimacy with Mainnet.=
~~DAOhaus supports [Moloch v2](https://github.com/MolochVentures/moloch#moloch-v2) and is working to support Moloch v3 (Baal). Not only are these contracts open source, but the platform provided by DAOhaus also is!~~
~~from grants to community contributions, DAOhaus has always been funded by its users. DAOhaus developed the [Community Contribution Opportunity (CCO)](https://daohaus.substack.com/p/community-contribution-opportunity?s=w) to raise capital from members of the community, a mechanic that since has been turned into a public good - supporting communities with infrastructure for raising capital into a DAO in a permissioned fashion.~~
~~Last year in 2021, DAOhaus completed decentralizing ownership over the entire platform to the DAOs that were most active using the platform, you can learn more about it [here](https://medium.com/daohaus-club/uberhaus-is-alive-%EF%B8%8F-3af528dc3494).~~
~~We support the likes of [RaidGuild](https://www.raidguild.org/), [MetaCartel](https://www.metacartel.org/), [MetaGammaDelta](https://metagammadelta.com/), and [Graph Advocates DAO](https://docs.graphadvocates.com/).~~
~~We are passionate about supporting communities with the tools they need to coordinate more effectively! ~~
DAOhaus is owned and operated by the community ❤️.
The platform is governed by UberHaus, a DAO of DAOs focused on advancing the DAOhaus platform, community, and ecosystem.
UberHaus will take custody over the OP received from the Optimism community should we be chosen for an Optimistic Grant.
Once OP is in the control of UberHaus, member DAOs will execute on using the funds in one or more of the following ways:
1. Supply grants to build DAOhaus out further on Optimism
2. Provide users new to DAOhaus on Optimism with OP to test out and experiment with creating, managing, and supporting a DAO via the [DAOhaus app](https://app.daohaus.club)
3. Provide existing DAOs on DAOhaus grants to migrate or redeploy on Optimism