tags: pyopensci, python
# pyOpenSci Meeting Notes - 1 August 2019
Please add your name to the list below!
* Leah Wasser - Earth Lab!
* Filipe Fernandes - NOAA/IOOS
* Daniel Chen - Virginia Tech + RStudio intern @chendaniely
* Chris Holdgraf - UC Berkeley - @choldgraf
* Ivan Ogasawara - SciPy Latin America Community - @xmnlab
* Mike Trizna - Smithsonian Institution - @miketrizna
* Jenny Palomino - CU Boulder Earth Lab @jlpalomino
* BoF Overview!
* ~35 people in attendance
* First package NBLESS submitted and approved!
* [Discourse discussion on badge](https://pyopensci.discourse.group/t/we-have-our-first-package-through-review-now-we-need-a-badge/)
* [Vote on a badge on discourse!!](https://pyopensci.discourse.group/t/vote-on-a-pyopensci-badge/68) (+)
* Badge vote please
* Current reviews
* [View completed Nbless submission](https://github.com/pyOpenSci/software-review/issues/7)
* Check in on errdapy review & earthpy reviews
* Leah to check in with Luiz about earthpy review
* Updated review of erddapy by Chris and Jenny complete
* Add your github name to be added to the pyopensci repo here
* Check the [People page](https://github.com/orgs/pyOpenSci/people) for a status of public
* Social media checkin??
* give multiple people to pyopensci for the time being
* twitter bot to retweet @pyopensci
* Send credentials to:
* who's involved -- generate this programmatically? pull from the list of anyone in the organization -- someone would have to build this - twitter api / travis -- They do this for jupyter hub ..
* Chris might be able to copy over what jupyter hub does -- https://jupyterhub-team-compass.readthedocs.io/en/latest/team.html#jupyterhub-team read the docs will build it
* Following the all contributors specs!! https://github.com/jupyterhub/team-compass/blob/master/docs/team/contributors-jupyterhub.yaml -- Chris can work on that next
* Website -- links that take you to a github search that filters by tag! -- easy quick (Leah can add this!)
* in the future we can automate this
* Create design repository in the org -- and place the images and branding items in it!! (leah can do this as well)
* pyopensci -- [working draft of 2-3 pager]( https://docs.google.com/document/d/13S_HOGS89Zm1j257gC8Oja_Yol3j6xCp68Sr2Ln5MM0/edit)
* IDEA -- fund a fellowship position that works full time?? or focuses on this organization
* hire them as a contractor -- could be remote, etc
* Martin, Daniel, and Mike are both in DC area -- NIH (National Institute of Health)
* workshop on packaging your project -- to get more exposure
* partnership with Carpentries would be good
* other existing online resources: [ Molecular Sciences Software Institute (MolSSI) materials](https://molssi-education.github.io/CMS-Python-DevOps/)
* Martin - organizer for a local meetup
* Stats Programmign DC: https://www.meetup.com/stats-prog-dc/
* Leah to followup with nunmfocus about sponsorship
* Agu event potentially?? Open source software session presentation
* Leo --- ask about something associated with the plenary or something else!!
* other topics??