# Welcome to Giveth
Welcome to Giveth. We are a community focused on **building the future of Giving** through the use of blockchain technology!
We call ourselves "Unicorns" - a team of individuals that celebrate and respect each and everyone's uniqueness. We value decentralization, altruism, community, inclusiveness, abundance, humility and transparency. We are united around the common goal of developing technology to revolutionize philathropy in service of the earth, the environment and humanity.
To read more about the history of our perspectives, check out our community-written [Masterpiece Manifesto](https://medium.com/giveth/giveth-masterpiece-manifesto-19649c57c6aa).
# What is Giveth?
Giveth is an eclectic mix of people from the Ethereum and nonprofit worlds, dedicated to revolutionizing philanthropy by encouraging, supporting and rewarding the funding of public goods. We are building the Giveth Galaxy: an ever-extending collection of initiatives that are driving **#Blockchain4Good**.
Giveth is more than the sum of its parts: while decentralized, our shared values create the energy and inspiration needed to build the future of giving. We are unique individuals, united around a common goal, forming **Circles**, that together make up Giveth.
Feeling inspired? Read more about our Circles (Governance, Communications, DApp Development and Community) and help us make change by joining our [community.](https://giveth.io/join/)
## Our Mission
> A Mission is a statement that clarifies why we exist
> A mission statement is a short summary of an organization’s core purpose, focus, and aims. This usually includes a brief description of what the organization does and its key objectives... The "what" and "how"... the purpose the organization serves to its audience... who we want to support an why we cant to support them
Our mission is to bridge the non-profit and blockchain worlds, connecting people, ideas and resources with free, open-source decentralized applications. We hope to become the go-to interface between the prosocial, value-driven, collective-focused magic-makers of the world and the revolutionary funding streams that the cryptospace has opened up.
> Our vision for the future of giving is building free, globally accessible platform where funds flow efficiently, transparently and directly to where they can be the most beneficial.
> Giving is effortless and people all around the world are rewarded for their positive impact. The platform is self-sustaining without charging any fees to donors or projects.
> Giveth is bridging the non-profit and blockchain worlds by creating transparency-based decentralized applications that support for-good causes, incentivize giving and strengthen the blockchain4good ecosystem.
> Giveth is building the future of giving by creating open-source, transparency based decentralized applications to bridge the non-profit and blockchain worlds. Our mission is to pioneer giving incentive mechanisms, collaborate with blockchain4good projects and to support for-good causes world-wide.
## Our Vision
Giving is effortless and people all around the world are rewarded for creating positive change.
## Our Values
Giveth encourages **Decentralization:**
- Giveth offers innovative open-source solutions built on blockchain technology, which is inherently decentralized.
- Giveth is pioneering and experimenting with decentralized governance and communication techniques and supporting their adoption by other communities.
Giveth promotes **Altruism:**
- Giveth is an open, non-hierarchical global initiative empowering social, environmental and humanistic impact projects with modern technologies.
- Giveth supports many like-minded initiatives that are adding value to the world without necessarily having a direct profit motive.
- Giveth is building a self-sustaining giving economy that encourages and rewards altruism
Giveth believes in the power of **Community:**
- Giveth is an inclusive community united around a common goal.
- Giveth is a community-owned platform, building and developing our DApps based on feedback from our members.
- Giveth enables trust within communities by increasing transparency and accountability through blockchain technology.
- Giveth proactively reaches out to similar initiatives which we see as potential collaborators, as opposed to competitors.
* taking out governments
* decentralizing donations and associated rewards
* funds flow efficiently to where they have the most positive impact
* donor-owned platform
* incentivizing donations
breakup short term mission and long term mission
Our Goals (aka Strategy)
Q's to brainstorm:
1. If we had the money and authority to implement whatever we decided to, what would that be?
2. What are day to day operational things we need to ensure in order to function effectively as a team that carries through this vision?
3. What change in people's behaviour do we want to achieve and how to we plan to do that?