# 2019-05-22 NumPy Development Meeting
- Switching to [zoom](https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/2742716467) Number 274-271-6467
- [Google Meet Link](http://meet.google.com/iyh-njxt-rxr)
- Dial-in: (US) +1 256-645-4294 PIN: 181 397#
- [Additional Conference Call Numbers](https://meet.google.com/tel/iyh-njxt-rxr?hs=4)
- [Trello workboard](https://trello.com/b/Azg4fYZH/numpy-at-bids)
- [Previous meetings](https://github.com/BIDS-numpy/docs/tree/master/status_meetings)
**Present:** Stéfan, Tyler, Matti, Kriti, Sebastian, Chuck
## Follow-up from last meeting / discussions
- Merging [randomgen](https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/13163)
- Sebastian will try to take a look
- What to do with `__array_function__`?
- Sebastian will try to write a short summary for the mailing list.
- For now seems like it `__skip_array_function__` will not happen in 1.17.
- Outreachy has begun - welcome Kriti!
- Problem with NEP website - [repo](https://github.com/numpy/neps) is updating but [website](http://www.numpy.org/neps/) shows old content
- Stéfan will take a look (pushed an empty commit up and the page updated; not sure about cause of problem, but could be [this GitHub incident](https://www.githubstatus.com/incidents/6vyp7d36str6)).
- Deprecations https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/11521
## Additional Details
- Tyler -- [weekly working notes](https://workflowy.com/s/may-22-2019/vi9KHqf6tZOSkGu0)
- randomgen: refactor, rebase, squash. Removed pieces that are not up to production or have licensing issues. Ready for merge.
- start work on [talk](https://hackmd.io/p/Sy4cT6MTN#/) for [PyCon IL](https://cfp.pycon.org.il/conference/talk/ZPQDHC/) and workshop on [wrapping C code](https://cfp.pycon.org.il/workshops/talk/3GB9DL/)
- helping Ralf to mentor GSOD
- Continued with `ufunc_impl` work:
- Implemented `np.add` for `S` dtype (this could probably be added to current numpy even, although discovery of correct output may not be pretty.)
- Could actually implement a "unit" metadata which would be handled correctly (no reductions).
- Need to entagle it fully
- Need to figure out how to handle value based casting (probably early on)
- Some PRs/Issue triaging
Please remember to archive this file and commit it to github.com:bids-numpy/docs