# LGJ - GAME MASTER Pandemy edition
Put your name here if you edited...
Premise: On 20.02.2020 , Nostradamus appears in the dreams of all you leaders of nations/communities/taz: oh puny mortals, I have seen what gaia has in store for you in the future and shes had enough of your hubris and has decided to wipe out humanity within a few years with global warming. However I have pleaded with the cosmos to give you one last chance to prove your worth: your challenge will thus the following: a global pandemic is going to appear on planet earth and you will be tasked with hmaking humanity survive this pandemic while adressing other challenges that appear as life's course takes on."
We do not know what the virus is nor where it appears.
Each player starts the game with 10 million healthy citizens and a booming economy with 3 starting ressources and 3 new ressource units per turn.
Each turn you can use your precious ressources to undertake actions, while these same actions and events can influence the rate of infection, the research for a cure etc...
You can initially invest your ressources in two essential elements testing capacity and your healthcare ICU beds.
Each turn a fraction of the population gets infected (this evolves during the games course depending on your actions and le grand jeu cards),
These and other productions you come up with have a cost and a benefit that is stated by the master.
These are also variable on a roll of the dice.
Each turn you can take actions by either investing ressources or call the assebly for asking common decisions.
If your whole population dies yure out of the game, if a certain threshold of infection gloablly is reached (75% of world population) the pandemic will be uncontrolled.
Each turn takes two weeks
(If an individual players number of infected gets over its healthcare capacity this rate of death is vastly increased).
1 Virus mutates: becomes twice as infectious or twice as deadly depending on the roll of the masters dice.
2 Alien Technology: Scientists have discovered a technology that substantially reduces the rate of infection but only one player gets it depending on the roll dice
3 Universal Basic Income: You get one extra resource per turn
4 Hyperinflation: all costs are increased 50% going forward
5 Bio terrorism: A country attacks and take another countries ressources but their infected go up (we roll the dice)
6 Death Cult: people spread the virus on purpose (starts in one country)
7 Zombie Nation: The virus mututates in one nation and the zombie nation and now can win the game if they infect the rest of the players
8 Global Warming: a climate catastrophe makes it harder to produce and isolate; roll dice to select type of event (famine, flood, fire, drought, hurricane)
9 Breakthrough in research: The death rate is reduced
10 Urban exodus/Green economy: infection rate is reduced but production is also; people leave the cities and go where the virus is less
11 It's 4/20: Production is slowed down
12 Covid causes Infertility: Approval for lockdowns goes up
13 Cartel: Cartel takes control of rule enforcement and resource distribution for the region of one player, determined by a dice roll
14 Fake news
15 Famine from lack of agriculture workers
16 A saint discovers that holy water cures the disease
17 Too many health workers start dying to keep up with new trainees
## Headline Tracking
Many headlines in this constant news cycle constitute Functional Elements or potential events/LGJ cards! Compiling some here that catch my eye for this purpose, and we can curate them from here for optimal DM deployment:
*note: some of these stories are causally connected,or show playing out of analogous themes across nations, in a way that could be interesting to explore as narrative trajectories..*
- Volunteers produce 3D-printed valves for life-saving coronavirus treatments
- Covid-19: start-up that saved lives with 3D-printed valve may face legal action
- Can low-cost, open-source ventilator designs help save lives?
- German firm insists Trump didn’t try to buy coronavirus vaccine
- How You Should Get Food During the Pandemic
- First Coronavirus Cases Detected in Amazon Warehouse, FreshDirect
- "Accept It": 3 states lock down 70 million against the virus
- Spain's Civil Guards seize 150,000 surgical masks for health services
- Germany seizes medical supplies headed to Switzerland as Europe scrounges for resources to fight coronavirus – report
- Health care workers are running out of face masks. They’re asking people to donate.
- China, Home of COVID-19, Turns to 'Mask Diplomacy' to Burnish Image
- China, Italy, and Coronavirus: Geopolitics and Propaganda
- NBA Uncertain About Salary Payments After April 1, Report Says
- Nearly one billion people confined to homes globally to curb virus
- ‘It Feels Like a War Zone’: Doctors and Nurses Plead for Masks on Social Media
- Congress is negotiating a rescue plan that could cost more than $1 trillion.
- Congress May Allow Fed to Purchase Longer-Term Corporate Debt
- Fed Going All In to Save Economy. Here’s What Could Come Next
- Air quality is improving in countries under coronavirus quarantine
- First poll: 96% of the French people approve the lockdown in their country
- We Should Nationalize Food Delivery Apps and Turn Them Into a Public Food Service
- FULL NETS AND EMPTY SHELVES: When it comes to seafood, the current crisis is one of oversupply not undersupply
- We just glimpsed how a “digital dollar” might work, thanks to coronavirus
- UK coronavirus live: English councils reportedly asked to house all rough sleepers this weekend
- Portugal gives migrants and asylum-seekers full citizenship rights during coronavirus outbreak
- Brazil reports first Indigenous coronavirus case in the Amazon
- Billions of people are under coronavirus lockdowns – and now the upper crust of the Earth is shaking less https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-lockdowns-earth-shaking-less-seismic-noise/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=85796034
- Virus lays bare the frailty of the social contract
- "Half of Humanity Under Lockdown Orders"
- Coronavirus: Mexicans demand crackdown on Americans crossing the border
- How will humans, by nature social animals, fare when isolated?
## Narrative Tweet Tracking
I heard that some police forces here in the UK are flooded with people reporting their neighbours for doing more than their state-mandated one form of exercise per day
Since I toured a Stasi Archive recently, I thought a lot already about the psychological mechanisms behind this