# Assassin's Creed Valhalla Localization Tutorial
Worked with cousty@[XeNTaX Discord](https://discord.gg/zWxdRZK) Method
* [HxD](https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/): Hex editor
* [Blacksmith](https://github.com/theawesomecoder61/Blacksmith): Assassin's Creed Extraction Tool
* [quickbms & script](https://mega.nz/file/WV4hUQZZ#NqS1XGsBDomLWUQP3OxwFNKBPffDkMQfo0xqlXgvOHU): An importing tool with script written by cousty@[XeNTaX Discord](https://discord.gg/zWxdRZK).
### I. Match Russian Localization Files with *.acv
If you know the number of Russian Files in certain version, you can skip this step.
E.g. v1.10 => [13632.acv,13634.acv]
1. Exporting .acv from DataPC_patch_01.forge
1. Unzip the importing tool inside ACValhalla's main path
2. Open quickbms.exe
1. Select acv.bms
2. Select DataPC_patch_01.forge
3. Create a folder to ditch those acvs and select it to save
2. Get Russian Localization Files with Blacksmith
1. Open [Blacksmith](https://github.com/theawesomecoder61/Blacksmith)
2. Set ACValhalla Path in setting
3. Go to Assassin's Creed: Valhalla->DataPC_patch_01.forge
4. Locate Russian Files
5. Save raw data & decompressed data for both LocalizationPackage_Russian and LocalizationPackage_Russian_Subtitles
3. Match data size of .dat file and .acv file
4. We can find out 13632.acv & 13634.acv is our target to overwrite
> Note that you can search acv files by sorting the files in the directory by data size
> Also the order of the file is
> 1. Russian
> 2. Russian_MTM
> 3. Russian_Subtitles
> 4. Russian_Subtitles_MTM
> We pick the first and the third as target
### II. Modify localization files to Russian's format
Taking Interface file as example, Subtitles file share the same method.
1. Get any previous modified localization file
Here, we take v1.04 RU->EN 11887.acv made by cousty@[XeNTaX Discord](https://discord.gg/zWxdRZK)
2. Get your target file with decompressed format (.acv) by step I.2.
3. Open [HxD](https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/)
4. Copy the header of previous file
5. Paste it to the head of our target
6. Modify our target file with Russian's format
1. Get Russian's format from previous File
2. Overwrite our target file
> Since the length of Package name would be different sometimes, make sure you cover over 6 bytes after readables
> In the case above, you should cover over "01 F5 E0 6C 17" in the previous file
7. Modify the offset byte of our target (Could be tricky sometimes)
1. We have to get the difference between upper byte and lower byte from Russian's files. In this case the lower byte of our target file is 7D EB 07(at 00000042). Our goal is to modify those 3 upper bytes 88 D2 07(at those black boxes).
> Difference differs between Interface file and Subtitles file
2. Open Russian's .dat & .acv file, you can get these files by step I.2.
1. Retrieve those bytes from .dat
In this case it is 0C 3C 09, which is our upper byte for Russian's file
2. Retrieve those bytes from .acv
In this case it is E4 3B 09, which is our lower byte for Russian's file
3. To find the difference between those 2 bytes, 0C 3C 09 and E4 3B 09, is quite different than regular math. The carry digits are reverse. Thus, to calculate 0C - E4, we have to take 1 from our next byte, which makes 3C => 3B and 0C => 1 0C. After that we can get 1 0C - E4 easily with the hex calculator with the result 28.
4. We add the first byte with 28 from our lower byte in our target file. We then get 7D+28 = A5 (Remind that carry might be required). So our upper byte for our target file will be A5 EB 07. Lastly, we modify these bytes from our target file.
### III. Importing modified files to DataPC_patch_01.forge
1. Get the number of LocalizationPackage_Russian and LocalizationPackage_Russian_Subtitles in .acv format by step I
2. Modify the name of the files we modified in step II to the corresponding number. In the case of v1.10, they would be 13632(Interface) and 13634(Subtitle).
3. Ditch those 2 files into a folder with any name you want, this case we call it RUEN. And ditch this folder into your game folder
4. Create a bat file with code
> quickbms.exe -w -r -r acv.bms DataPC_Patch_01.forge RUEN
You can modify RUEN to any name as long as it's identical to the folder you create above.
5. Backup DataPC_patch_01.forge and make sure you have [quickbms & script](https://mega.nz/file/WV4hUQZZ#NqS1XGsBDomLWUQP3OxwFNKBPffDkMQfo0xqlXgvOHU) in your game folder
6. Run the bat file you created.
### IV. Game crashing issue
1. Delete everything inside C:\Users\\%username%\Documents\Assassin's Creed Valhalla
2. Run it again and it would probably crash again
3. Run it again and it will be fine