# **Fedora Women's Day 2020**
## Virtual Event Outline
### **Focus & Goals**
Fedora Women’s Day (FWD) is a day of celebration to raise awareness and gratitude for women contributors across the Fedora Project.
### **Format** (***needs review***)
Three day virtual event using the HopIn platform. We will include the following types of sessions:
* Hallway Tracks (***needs review***)
* Informal open & unrecorded sessions to chat & socialize.
* Hindi / Urdu (?)
* Nominated languages with moderators:
* Hindi/Urdu (?)
* Women & Non-Binary Folks in Fedora Series(***needs review***)
* Thirty minute recorded sessions focused on individual experiences within Fedora.
* Three sessions on each day (9 total)
* Could be more but I think this is a reasonable goal.
* Suggested format:
* 20 minutes "How I become involved in Fedora & how do I contribute to Fedora or FOSS"
* 10 minute "Wrap up & Q&A"
* Intro to Fedora Sessions (***needs review***)
* One hour long recorded sessions focused on guiding newcomers on how to get involved with Fedora.
* Suggested format:
* Intro to what Fedora does, how we do it, etc.
* Overview of the different areas of Fedora.
* Open conversation to get folks connected to the right places.
* Social Sessions (***needs review***)
* One hour long unrecorded open social sessions with activies.
* Virtual Pictionary
* Mozilla Hubs
* Group photo
* Screen shots during the event/session
October 16th, 17th, & 18th.
### **Organizers** (***add your name here***)
Ramya Parimi (ramyaparimi)
(I do not think we need sponsors for FWD beyond RH)
* Red Hat, Inc.
* Set up a booth under Expo hall.
* Coordinate content for this with Veronica Cooley(vcooley (at) redhat dot com).
### **Invitation List**
Women in tech groups, tech groups
### **Call for Speakers & Session Organizers**
We will use the virtual-events repo to gather submissions.
We need to write a Community blog post and circulate it to gather speakers/organizers for FWD. This should focus on the three different types of sessions that need speakers/hosts.
Further publicize to the following places:(***needs review***)
* Women ML
* Mindshare ML
* Council ML
* Announce ML
* D&I ML
* IRC/Telegram Chats
* Post to CommOps Discourse
* Post to CommBlog Discourse
Blog Post Draft:(***need volunteer to write this***)
We will use HopIn registration.
Text for registration landing page:(***need volunteer to write this***)
Registration Fields:(***needs review***)
1. FAS ID
2. I agree to abide by the Fedora Project's Code of Conduct while participating at Nest with Fedora. https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
Live registration link:
This year we are celebrating Fedora Women's Day (FWD) in one three day virtual edition. At FWD you will get to learn about the amazing work and personal journeys of the women and non-binary people in our community. These folks are from all around the world, working on different parts of Fedora & open source, and each one a source of strength in our community. Newbies or veterans, we hope their stories will inspire you.
We have arranged a few social activities and networking opportunities for folks to meet and get to know one another. We are excited for the chance to take advantage of the virtual format of this years FWD to form stronger bonds and support across our community.
Overview of the Event Interface
Reception: hang out, chat, plan your schedule
Sessions: presentations and social activities
Networking: meet and greet with fellow attendees
We would like to give a big thanks to the Fedora Diversity & Inclusion team for all their hard work in organizing Fedora Women's Day 2020, and all the work they do through out the year. We would also like to thank the Fedora Council for the continued support and resources that they have provided for the D&I team to make things like FWD happen.
The biggest thanks is to you; our contributors, and the attendees at FWD. Thanks to all the smart, creative, and strong women and non-binary people in the Fedora community; we honor and respect all of your contributions to the world of open source and beyond.
### **Moderating & Codes**(***needs review***)
**Code of Conduct**
There are a limited number of things we can do with the platform, but luckily we have a really great community. There is always a chance that people will stir up trouble or speak before thinking. There is also the possibility of spammers or random outsiders creating issues. Sometimes with these kinds of events, there could be some targeting. Fortunately, we are all well versed in chat room situations. Feel empowered to ask others to act kindly. If you are uncertain how to proceed, don't hesitate to DM Marie Nordin or any of the event organizers.
**For those who will have organizer access during the event:**
We will set up a Telegram chat room for the organizers who moderate the event to communicate in real time. (***need a volunteer to create this***)
Minor infractions - report all to TG chat so the organizers stay synced
* "@person please remember to abide by the Fedora Code of Conduct. Your (example: profuse inappropriate language) is not tolerated in our community."
* "@person this is a warning. If you are unable to abide by the Fedora CoC, we will have to remove you from the event."
* Remove them from the event
Using best judgement:
- Delete individual messages in the group chats if inappropriate.
- Removing people from the event is our most extreme option (unless an individual commits a crime).
### **Branding & Assets**
Previous design ticket:
Current design ticket:(***TOO LATE/MARIE WILL ASK PEOPLE DIRECTLY***)
Current badge ticket:(***DONE***)
* Badge Link : https://badges.fedoraproject.org/badge/fedora-womens-day-2020-attendee
### **Script for Speakers/Attendees**
Hi, my name is _____, I am from _____, I am _____, and I speak _____.
(Ex: Hi, my name is Marie, I am from the United States, I am a woman, and I speak English.)
We are from different countries, We speak different languages, We are of different cultures, But Fedora unites us with Open Source. WE ARE FEDORA!
### **Polls**(***need volunteers to help with poll ideas***)
We will hold surveys during the event using the HopIn platform poll function. This can be a fun way to interact, useful way to gather some interesting information, and a way to change programming on the fly to build a better experience.
Poll Ideas: (***needs review***)
~1. Did you attend Nest with Fedora in August?
- Prefer not to answer
~2. Have you attended a Flock to Fedora in the past?
- Yes, I have attended 1-2 Flocks
- Yes, I have attended 3-4 Flocks
- Yes, I have attended 5+ flocks
- No, I haven't attended Flock
~3. Have you attended a Fedora Women's Day in the past?
- Yes, I have attended 1-2 Fedora Womens Days.
- Yes, I have attended 3-4 Fedora Women's Days.
- Yes, I have attended 5+ Fedora Women's Days.
- No, I have not attended any Fedora Women's Day.
~4. What device are you using to attend FWD?
- Mobile Phone
- Laptops / Desktop
- Prefer not to answer
~1. What operating system are you currently running?
- Other Linux Disto
- Mac OS X
~2. What job field do you work in?
- Software Engineering
- Community Management
- Documentation Writing
- Blogpost Writer
~3. What brought you to open source?
- Curiosity / Excitement
- Part of your Day Job
- Friend / Mentor
~4. What brought you to Fedora?
- Curiosity / Excitement
- Usage of it at your day job
- Refered By a Friend or Mentor
Just for Fun
~1. What is your favorite cookie?
- Chocolate Chip
- Short Bread
- Peanut Butter
~2. What is your favorite animal?
- *(Bird in Nest's Logo)
~3. Coffee, tea, soda, or water?
~4. What is your favorite color?
- Medium Electric Blue
- Cool Black
5. What is your favorite Fedora Badge type?
- Quality Badges
- Event Badges
- Development Badges
- Content Badges
- Community Badges
### **Post Event Survey** (***needs review***)
Description: Thank you for attending Fedora Women's Day! We appreciate your time and feedback.
1. How satisfied were you with the event overall?
2. Do you plan to attend Fedora Women's Day in the future, and why?
* Options: Yes, Yes, if it’s virtual, Maybe, No, open field
3. Is there anything you would add, remove or change to improve the experience for next year?
* Open ended question
4. How likely are you to recommend Fedora Women's Day to a friend or colleague?
* 1 - 5
5. How satisfied are you with the quality of the networking opportunities?
6. What were the 2 things you liked the most?
* Join Workshops
7. Which topics or activities would you like to see at future Fedora Women's Days?
* Open ended question
8. If networking was a priority, which app feature was best for building your network?
* Hallway Tracks
9. How would you rate the HopIn platform experience?
* 1-5 & open ended
10. Have you attended a Fedora Women's Day event in the past?
11. Do you have any other comments/suggestions that would help us make future events better?
* Open ended question
12. Do you have a better understanding of the Fedora Project after attending Fedora Women's Day?
### **Emailing Past Organizers / Attendees:**
['Solanch69@fedoraproject.org', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'Anisha@fedoraproject.org', 'Llucar@fedoraproject.org', 'Alyaj2a@fedoraproject.org', 'email@example.com', 'Renata@fedoraproject.org', 'Leyla20@fedoraproject.org', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'Zodiacfireworks@fedoraproject.org', 'email@example.com', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'Bee2502@fedoraproject.org', 'Amani@fedoraproject.org', 'Eischmann@fedoraproject.org', 'email@example.com', 'Ardian@fedoraproject.org', 'Pravins@fedoraproject.org', 'Trishnag@fedoraproject.org', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'email@example.com', 'Ishcherb@fedoraproject.org', 'Tatica@fedoraproject.org', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'Jenazads@fedoraproject.org', 'Pyadav@fedoraproject.org', 'Searchsam@fedoraproject.org', 'Anichio@fedoraproject.org', 'email@example.com', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'email@example.com', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'Atana@fedoraproject.org', 'Crisvann@fedoraproject.org', 'email@example.com', 'Marianab@fedoraproject.org', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'Erivero@fedoraproject.org', 'email@example.com', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'A2batic@fedoraproject.org', 'Lilixx@fedoraproject.org', 'Kathytanai@fedoraproject.org', 'email@example.com', 'Blanquita@fedoraproject.org', 'Ktiarts@fedoraproject.org', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'Satya4ever@fedoraproject.org', 'Varian@fedoraproject.org', 'email@example.com','Cmpahar@fedoraproject.org', 'Ashutoshbhakare@fedoraproject.org', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'email@example.com', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'Suprith4989@fedoraproject.org', 'email@example.com', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'Sumantrom@fedoraproject.org', 'email@example.com', 'Jonatoni@fedoraproject.org', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'email@example.com', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'Yulytas@fedoraproject.org', 'Alexove@fedoraproject.org', 'Chhavi@fedoraproject.org', 'email@example.com', 'Prakashmishra1598@fedoraproject.org', 'Totountelss@fedoraproject.org', 'Mattdm@fedoraproject.org', 'Anxh3l0@fedoraproject.org', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'Siddharthvipul1@fedoraproject.org', 'email@example.com', 'Amsharma@fedoraproject.org', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'Rebekam@fedoraproject.org', 'Priynag@fedoraproject.org', 'Rhea@fedoraproject.org', 'email@example.com']
Email to Send (Remember to **BCC** them):
Subject: You're invited to Fedora Womens Day 2020 on 16th, 17th and 18th, 2020
This year we'll be going Virtual for Fedora Women's Day.
Fedora Women’s Day (FWD) is a day of celebration to raise awareness and gratitude for women contributors across the Fedora Project. Join us in hearing the stories of the women and non-binary folks in Fedora, learn how to get more involved in the Project, and meet up with old and new friends!
This event welcomes all individuals, no matter their gender.
You can Register for the event in the following link : https://hopin.to/events/fedora-women-s-day/register
Dates: October 16th, 17th, & 18th, 2020