Gender Sessions at Anthillhacks
Theme: Gendered histories and community networks
Rethink Everything. How can we look at users of community networks
and technology determinism of the existing technologies. What is the lure, what works and why them seem to work. What are the traditional patterns that steamroll over the possibilities and promises of communication technologies. How can we rethink with community representations. How do we understand ourselves - can we situate ourselves as representatives.
- country wide stats
- regional stats
- ongoing efforts
- storytelling sessions
- PoV, Solidarity Foundation, 0penstudi0 and AC3
- Study of Impact studies
- Rural and last mile ownership
We need to organise a series of gender sessions during the months of Dec 2022 and extend the activity in number of community networks regions we associate with durig Jan 2023. Request funds 5k usd
COWMesh and Anthillhacks spaces will serve as the ground research co-working space. This fund will help invite signifcant community representatives from different regions for 2-3 days to share their state of engagement with communcation technologies and how they could rethink everything starting from their historic structural imbalances.
Shalini - coordinator
We are looking for additional funding because
1. To pay honorariums to women who attend the workshop. This will help women to stay active during the session and also will avoid her family to create unnecessary issues.
2. For some women who has a manadate to take back any earnings from the day to support family. These women also show interest in the workshops. We would need to pay them for the time spent and avoid loss from their daily wage.
3. Pay honorariums for the women facilators who will run the sessions. Atleast travel cost for the volunteers.
4. We need active documentators to stay connected with us during the entrie sessions. And to do post editing work.
5. And not the last, we don't want gender sessions to be pushed to the odd hours where community and people's participation will be difficult.
6. In addtion to the above we want to invite other communities with different gender representations.