# July 13th 2021
###### tags: `Meeting`
- **Meeting URL:** [meet.google.com/mii-evqh-esh](meet.google.com/mii-evqh-esh)
- **Date:** July 13th, 2021 (2:00 PM (ET) / 11:00 PM (PT) / 6PM (UTC))
- **[Timezone Converter (Click me)](https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20210629T180000&p1=tz_et&p2=tz_pt&p3=22&p4=240&p5=136&p6=176&p7=37&p8=248)**
- **Host:** Jorge Castro
- - **Meeting Contact:** Jorge: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- **Video Link:**
- **Board**: [Community Board](https://github.com/cloud-custodian/community/projects/1)
- Jorge Castro
- Liz Acosta
- Todd Stansell
- Jamison Roberts
- Umair Khan
- Alfred Gamulo
- AJ Kerrigan
- Dean Henrichsmeyer
- Marco Ceppi
- Sonny Shi
- Travis Stanfield
- Wayne Witzel III
- Faan DeSwardt
- Kapil Thangavelu
- Ramachandran Seshadri
- Michael Davis
- Michael Jones
- Rohit Khare
- Robert Ficcaglia (CNCF TAG Security, Kubernetes Policy WG - very interested in Kubernetes integration - ping me on CNCF or Kubernetes Slack!)
- John Hillegass
## Agenda Items
- Introduction [@castrojo]`20m`
- We'll keep this to 10m during normal meetings but for this first one let's make sure we spend some time letting people introduce themselves.
- Kick off items [@castrojo] `5m`
- Meta: How the meeting will work, where to find notes, etc.
- Calendar things, time slot, etc.
- [Community Repo](https://github.com/cloud-custodian/community)
- [Community Project Board](https://github.com/cloud-custodian/community/projects/1)
- Agenda Items `15m`
- Line 'em up. :smile:
- Enhancements/Feature Process [@kapilt]
- PEPs, KEPs, etc.
- We haven't done that, but we have tried it in the form of Github issues, do we need something more formalized? It's tough to do a review on a long form document on just an issue. As it gets revised overtime the context gets lost.
- Bigguest issue with PRs is they work for the initial request, but after it merges we lose the context.
- [Marco proposed a gdoc for policy testing](https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/issues/6407) for things that are longer impact it's more useful.
- Kapil feels we're losing context and is thinking google docs, opinions?
- Todd: Internally at work we use internal gdocs, once we're done we put it in a confluence doc.
- So a gdoc proposal/spec template? Do we lose comments if we have a c7n gsuite? Person shows up with a spec, creates a doc, if we leave comments and feedback, what's the workflow, we probably don't want to transfer ownership.
- How about they file an issue, and then a c7n admin makes a gdoc then links it back, so that way single ownership for each design doc.
- AJ: perhaps with a corresopnding github issue template that includes a proposal label and link to that gsuite doc?
- First proposal should be a submission for design proposal [@kapilt]
- Add your item here
- Pull Request Party `15m`
- Spare/Extra time will be dedicated to PR reviews.
- @castrojo - Slack - This will be a topic that I'm sure people will have opinions on, so perhaps save it for the next meeting.
- @kapilt - Priority backlog for the cloud providers.
:mag: PR Review
- DONE - cplee - App AutoScaling https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/pull/6548
- Needs a final review and merge - @kapilt
- aq17 - GCP IAM filter https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/pull/6771
- [Prior PR](https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/compare/master...kapilt:gcp-iam-filter?expand=1)
- (@kapilt) - GCP familiar folks welcome to take a look.
- kapilt - GCP Folder https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/pull/6557
- Needs more unit tests so it can pass CI - @kapilt
- DONE - AWS Contrib Docs - Code Cov status failed https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/pull/6616
- Needs help figuring out why codeconv is causing CI failures
- @marcoceppi will volunteer to help out
- Metrics - and associated PR https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/issues/6301
- @ajkerrigan to take a look
- Automatic Layers for AWS Policies https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/pull/3886
- Needs a rethink but in general we want to do this, there's a number of issues around this.
- tjstansell - Convert tags https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/pull/6691
- Do we need this? Oneliners in the filters/actions swapped out for additional complexity in a function. Tags are endemic to the resource itself, and it’s only considered once when writing the filter or action
- PratMis - aws.codedeploy | application and deployment https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/pull/6806
### Backlog for next time
Dynamodb value filter integration
- Lambda policy support destinations - https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/pull/5250
If we have time
- kylejohnson514 - CEL Implementation for Filtering https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/pull/6469
- Value Item Array Filter - https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/issues/6797
:mag: Issue Review
:closed_book: Action Items
- [ ] @castrojo to investigate a c7n-level gsuite doc/org?
- [ ]
## Chat Log from Google Meet
Liz Acosta: and pronouns?
Marco Ceppi: I think we're down to Dean, Travis, Ramachandran, and Kapil
Umair Khan: Hey me too :P
Marco Ceppi: Umair as well!
Wayne Witzel III: <= pronouns: he/him
Liz Acosta: welcome ram!!!
Ramachandran Seshadri: Thanks Liz !!
Liz Acosta: i love folks coming in with curiosity!
Ramachandran Seshadri: Excited to learn new stuffs here !! ☺️🤘
Liz Acosta: i can talk more if we want that lol
AJ Kerrigan: Hi Rohit - welcome!
Marco Ceppi: https://hackmd.io/G-UzOc5KTpCkLBIf3ocOrA?view
Marco Ceppi: https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/issues/6407
Michael Davis: gotta drop. maybe i can stay longer next time
Liz Acosta: script that transforms to md? :: potentially cringeworthy lol ::
Liz Acosta: could be a g form too
Liz Acosta: that converts to doc
Marco Ceppi: I don't think they're blockers, just considerations - and ones we can work around
Marco Ceppi: Macro to make a new document for a spec to launch in the C7N GSuite with docs on how to get started collab?
AJ Kerrigan: that seems useful. perhaps with a corresopnding github issue template that includes a proposal label and link to that gsuite doc?
Umair Khan: Nice meeting everyone. I have to dropped off early to pick kids from school.
Ramachandran Seshadri: Hey all , dropping off for now, it's little late here. Nice catching up with all !!
Liz Acosta: can i "pair" review with one of y'all?
AJ Kerrigan: If the metrics one is interesting at all, happy to kick it around as a team
AJ Kerrigan: Would be helpful to have a second person, since the first issue is making sure the problem description makes sense :)
Dean Henrichsmeyer: Thanks everyone, have to hop to another meeting.
Liz Acosta: heading out y'all! it's lunch time on the west coast! great first meeting jorge!
Michael Jones: thx for the session and good catching up .... i have to drop for a 3PM mtg