# Project Quality Assurance Guide
In order to ensure the quality of projects on our DApp, we have implemented a processes for pre-screening projects before they are featured on the Giveth homepage. All new projects are initially **unlisted** until they are reviewed and approved by a Giveth Unicorn. Unlisted projects can still receive donations and can be accessed via the project's URL. However, only **listed** projects will appear on the Giveth homepage & projects page, and using our sort, filter and search functionalities.
Once reviewed and approved, listed projects will appear everywhere on the DApp! If a project does not meet the listed critera, the project owner will receive an email asking them to update the project. If the project updates their project, it will be reviewed again by our team.
The following guide is intended to support project owners in creating high quality listings, and support Giveth Unicorns in the review process.
## Listed Projects
In order for a project to be approved and listed on the DApp, it must have the following:
- :heavy_check_mark: Clear project descriptions explaining who they are and what they want to do with the funds
- :heavy_check_mark: A unique or custom banner photo
- :heavy_check_mark: (Optional) Embedded photos, videos or legitimate external links
- :heavy_check_mark: (Optional) For open-source projects, a link to their repository
### Examples of Projects that pass "Listed" criteria
1. [Giveth](https://giveth.io/project/the-giveth-community-of-makers): Unique photo, clear description, external links
2. [The Commons Simulator](https://giveth.io/project/The-Commons-Simulator:-Level-Up): Unique photo, clear description, embedded video, external links
## Unlisted Projects
A project is likely to remain unlisted due to the following:
- :x: No project description
- :x: Vague project description
- :x: No unique or custom banner photo
However, in order to remain active, the unlisted project must still exhibit:
### Examples of Projects that do not pass "Listed" criteria
1. danger dan defi: No description
2. Giving your hands to help: Strange/vague description: "We want to do favours all over Canada"
- Very minimalistic description: "We are helping poor bangladeshi people after the crash. We are giving out rice and clothes to people around us"
- No clarity given in the details of what crash and exactly the process for "giving rice and clothes"
- Very minimalistic description: "We're collecting funds to give to the local cat shelter. we always need moar funding for cats"
- No website, no clear explanation of how they will use the funds to help cats
## Cancelled Projects
### Examples of unacceptable behaviour include:
- :x:The use of violent or sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of any kind
- :x:Trolling, insulting, derogatory, abusive or vulgar comments, and personal, political, or religious attacks
- :x:Public or private harassment
- :x:Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission (including doxing)
- :x:Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting