# PEH 2021-01-18 Meeting Agenda ###### tags: `Error Handling` `Minutes` - [2020-12-07 Meeting Minutes](https://github.com/rust-lang/project-error-handling/blob/master/meetings/2020-12-07.md) ## Action Items - Figure out what metrics we get on the blog posts we publish (Jane Lusby) - [[rust-lang/rfcs#2895]](https://github.com/rust-lang/rfcs/pull/2895) Update `object-provider` API in generic member access RFC to utilize new `dyno` design (Jane Lusby) - [[rust-lang/rust#53487]](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/53487) Get this PR reviewed and ready to close, find someone to handle mentorship (Jane) - [[rust-lang/rust#77384]](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/77384) Implement trait based proof of concept for `Backtrace` in `core` (Jane Lusby) - [[rust-lang/project-error-handling#7]](https://github.com/rust-lang/project-error-handling/issues/7) reach out to the author of the error codes issue (Jane Lusby) - [[rust-lang/rust#75180]](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/75180) Fix regressions caused by new impl error for `&'a E` change (Jakub Duchniewicz) - [[rust-lang/rust#44838]](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/44838) Better assert implementation, dig more into AST to figure out steps forward (Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr.) - [[rust-lang/rust#72981]](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/72981) - Resolve blockers in the backtrace stabilizition PR (Ashley Mannix) - Follow up with Amanieu to mark concerns on backtrace stabilization as resolved (Ashley Mannix) - Update backtrace PR to resolve merge conflicts (Jakub Duchniewicz) - https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/79692 (Ashley Mannix) - [[error handling project group update blog]](https://hackmd.io/GMLcORX_R7W4de0ZryDIxg?view) solicit outside feedback on blog post and publish it (Sean Chen) ## Agenda Items - Review action items from last meeting - Review [Project Board](https://github.com/rust-lang/project-error-handling/projects/1) Issues # Attendees - Jane Lusby - oliver - Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. - Sean Chen - Jakub Duchniewicz # Meeting Minutes ## Status Updates - Generic Member Access RFC [Jane]: No updates here - Assert implementation [Charles]: No updates here - Regression cleanup [Jakub]: Blocked on an error in the `rust-sv` crate - Updated `catch_unwind`'s documentation to refer to `resume_unwind` - Implement `Try` for `ExitStatus` [scottmcm]: Blocked on the new `Try` trait RFC - Termination trait [issue](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/43301#issuecomment-761900006) added to the project board - Implementing `Display` and `Error::source` for library errors [issue](https://github.com/rust-lang/project-error-handling/issues/27) added ## Todos - Look into the error in the `rust-sv` crate [Jane] - Get in touch with the Infrastructure team in order to gather metrics on engagement around the PEH blog post - Dig deeper into the Backtrace in core PR [oliver] - Start drafting sections of the book [Jane and oliver] - Set up a hack session around brainstorming/drafting for the Error book [Jane] - Look into the Termination trait polishing [issue](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/43301#issuecomment-761900006): [Jakub]