# Pulp/AH integration team meeting Old link for the meeting notes https://hackmd.io/mrVY2804QnS1_xjQcx0p1g Old link for the pulp-container meeting notes * https://hackmd.io/z7i694VeTR-p4hgTk2Oocw ### Priority List 1. Namespace sync 2. Key Management in Pulp 3. GCP support 4. Sigstore ### In the priority Queue ## Template =========== ## Date ### Action Items ### Checking Version Bumps ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Feb, 19 ### Action Items ### Checking Version Bumps ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - "Calculated digest does not equal passed in digest" when syncs community repository https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAH-2836 ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Feb, 12 ### Action Items ### Checking Version Bumps ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore - Proxy API path rewrite: https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/5013 - New centos9 image with python3.9, needs this plugin-template to update CI - https://github.com/pulp/plugin_template/pull/844 ### Galaxy - Any hints on a direction to solve this issue? "Calculated digest does not equal passed in digest" when syncs community repository https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAH-2836 - Too many failures when updating plugin_template https://github.com/ansible/galaxy_ng/pull/2050 ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Jan, 29 ### Action Items ### Checking Version Bumps ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - galaxy v2 api removed. - Pulp_container - Question for Galaxy folks: Is there any document explaining the reason behind adding an in-house image building facility (Pulp's one) instead of using an external one (Ansible image builder)? - Ina - Sigstore - Pulpcore - 3.45 is released - pulp-certguard is a resident plugin now. ### Galaxy - ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Jan, 22 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore - backporting a new dynaconf version update in the Z stream? ### Galaxy - ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Jan, 15 ### Action Items ### Pulp - pulp_ansible - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues/1721 - [bruno] check with Jtanner if we are using git_url* from CV model - Pulp_container - may need to resume the work on adding support to the GCP storage: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/pull/1196 - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - Waiting the confirmation - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1701 - Confirm with Sivel/Core about the removal of v2 - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1713 ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda Notes: this is what we used for testing GCP: https://github.com/fsouza/fake-gcs-server https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/pull/1196/files#diff-02059c243ab1ae5faa6a95ec965f0b351e0f6c96e5452c90881b6b7e3ee11618R151 ## Jan, 08 =========== ## Date ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - Sigstore? ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1713 # Upcoming - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1701 - Confirm with Sivel/Core about the removal of v2 # Dec, 11 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAH-2588 - organizations ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda # November, 27 ### Action Items - Sigstore: - pulp_ansible AAP 2.5 (late march) - pulp_container AAP.2.5.z - Oci-env ~~- status check, is it fixed?~~ ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda =========== ## November, 20 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Maya's PR for sigstore signing is not ready for merging - Pulp_container - sigstore signing might be requested by AAP 2.5 (march 2024) - not sure if we are able to deliver it - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - Pulp group is the owner of oci-env now - oci-env is broken because of https://github.com/pulp/pulp-oci-images/pull/546 - potential fix: https://github.com/pulp/pulp-oci-images/pull/562 ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## November, 13 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Enabled the ability to mark PR's for auto-merge. - Single commit check - Auto-merge - Auto-dismiss PR review - TL;DR: If you want to "see just that last change", do not approve yet. - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - https://github.com/pulp/plugin_template/issues/792 ## October, 30 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - How are you running unit tests locally? ## October, 23 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAP-15208 (allow sync to continue if a requirement is already present in local repo) - Fill RFE on pulp_ansible: adding a toogle repo level to control if the repo requires dependencies - Start marking validated with Marks (add marks to search index) - Pulp_container - Image building feature is going to be added by Jirka into Galaxy - Pulpcore - https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAP-4793 (waiting for bruno and matthias to discuss it) - "PM thinks it is a nice to have, as long as it retains identity metadata" ### Galaxy - ## October, 16 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues/1612 - OK - Pulp_container - Pulpcore - https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAP-4793 - "PM thinks it is a nice to have, as long as it retains identity metadata" - waiting for Bruno and Matthias to discuss it further next week (seems like the general agreement about the idea was discussed on the latest pulpcore meeting between Dennis K. and Matthias) ### Galaxy - https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAP-16559 - no priority/pulp_container-related issue - lmjachky will take a look at it today - UPDATE: seems like jskacel already found the resolution and the pulp component is not relevant anymore - https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAH-1876 - higher priority/pulp_container-related issue - Brian will take a look at it and report back the updates ## October, 9 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - test fixtures on old-galaxy - sigstore integration with Hub - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - ## October, 2 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1606 - Some deprecations seem to have changed letting more tests to fail. - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - ## 25. Sep 2023 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - `rest_framework` - should it be enabled in all envs? Are we able to change the login template? (AAH-2625) ## 18. Sep 2023 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1572 - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues/1052 ## 28. Aug 2023 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Test rewrite going on. - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1562 - We should bring back the checksum as a db key. - Pulp_container - Pulpcore - complex filtering merged, expected to release tomorrow. ### Galaxy - Builder in hub ## Aug 21 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore - filtering for the unified UI effort - https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/4270 ### Galaxy - system id change to release as a part of 3.28 - galaxy_ng 4.8 will be released to have a newer Django in AAP 2.4 ## Aug 14 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - 0.17.4 is out https://docs.pulpproject.org/pulp_ansible/en/0.17.4/changes.html - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - Ansible Analytics - System-ID should be accesible from the plugin API. ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Aug 7 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Namespace sync failure fix - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1544 - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - proxy support: https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/issues/4207 ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## July 31 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - reject collection process https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1523 - Pulp_container - Pulpcore - 3.25+ performance issue: https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/issues/3970 - Fairly confident most of the performance lost is from just the Basic Auth changes - What are the common endpoints that will be hit and what query parameters will be used (limit)? ### Galaxy - ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## July, 24th ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - pulp_ansible 0.19 is out - https://docs.pulpproject.org/pulp_ansible/en/0.19.0/changes.html#id1 - Pulp_container - FYI adding Flatpak support ( extra registry endpoints, off by default) - Pulpcore - asyncio issue - https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/issues/4107 ### Galaxy - ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## July, 17th ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - CI on branch 1.10 is broken for quite some while - Some test expectations are (no longer) met - We either need to fix the tests or remove it from the ci update list. - RESOLUTION: Deactivate Branch. [AI: mdellweg] [DONE] - Pulp_container - Pulpcore - We are forming a Performance working group to investigate the performance issues. First meeting is today * Performance degredation investigation * https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/issues/3970 * Repository content querying performance * https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/issues/3969 ### Galaxy - ## July, 10th ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - pulpcore 3.25+ is slow: https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/issues/3970, https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/issues/3969 (related) - 3970 - changing db models might be appropriate (e.g., adding repository version number to RepositoryContent for faster lookups, instead of doing joins on the tables, we will list content in ArrayField) - OCI Env integration tests: https://github.com/ansible/galaxy_ng/pull/1773 - ## June, 26th ### Action Items - david is opening a new issue for further performance investigation (mention details about locust) ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - QS Performance Improvements are ready to go. - Pulp_container - Pulpcore - avoiding circular imports in pulpcore/pulp_container/galaxy_ng - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/pull/1294 - https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/3947 (no blockers, jctanner will address the review comments -> add a changelog message + squash commits) ### Galaxy - circular imports in pulp container - see the section above - pulp mystery sluggishness - lack of performance recorded in the latest version of pulp-ci-centos images (discussed in the pulp-dev channel, https://matrix.to/#/!aVApiNMtnstWbwDcVU:matrix.org/$kTOGE_lFJWaILRMBN9WYvDPQotqtTaGG0PXq8d1nsmo?via=libera.chat&via=matrix.org&via=fedora.im) - what could be causing the issues? needs to be resolved in beta-galaxy - questioning authentication classes (disabling them improves the performance; but, still slow) - perhaps, an update of a third-party library caused this? - needs some profiling ## June 12 ### Action Items - [mdellweg] [DONE] Cancel next weeks meeting for a holiday. - [mdellweg] Bring up https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/issues/3914 in pulpcore meeting; design is the question. ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1479 - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - (PA)Hub Certified Collection - https://docs.google.com/document/d/16XbWz50ywIVMm7KoSldYPk7FYKGoww03vMHpt2mJw-M/edit?usp=sharing - OR filters https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/issues/3914 ## June, 05 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - [lmjachky] Usage of the image builder feature (https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/pull/1287) - davidn agreeded on having the image building feature in tech preview - no other features on the radar to be included within the product - [lmjachky] Is the issue about updating remotes via DRF still relevant (https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues/1071)? - perhaps - Pulpcore * 3.27 out - any updates on the OSTree needs for GalaxyNG? - no ### Galaxy - [awcrosby] For galaxy-authored PRs that are higher priority & need pulp reviews, what is best way to mark/ask? - Keep chasing people in chat channels. - Add short information about the change and why they are a priority. - [awcrosby] What is best way to handle backport PRs… pulp reviewer, galaxy reviewer, patchback pr w/ no CI issues - We use patchback. - A single review is needed to merge; if everything goes smoothly, the original author can do that. - Galaxy to production - stability and performance https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAH-2346 - download counts (https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1477) ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ## May, 22nd ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - x-repo search - certain slowdown in tasks (with 35 000 collections) - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1466 - pulpcore 3.25 compatible release planned soon. - Pulp_container - Planning to release 2.15 soon compatible with 3.25. - Pulpcore - 3.26 released ### Galaxy - Beta Galaxy to Production - Discovered some bottlenecks - Namespace meta data query maxing out db, will first need namespace sync to be resolved - https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAH-2262 - reupload of collections that got removed is impossible until cleaned up by orphan cleanup - adding a checksum may be too dangerous - We need to understand the implications better. ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ## May 15 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - 0.17.1 released last week - Pulp_container - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/pull/1273 - adding pending blobs and manifests (1 repository version per image push) - will be released, possibly, with 2.15, pulpcore 3.25 compatible release - [lmjachky] hassle around the keycloak integration bug one day before dev-freeze (https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues/1254) - Is there anything that can be done in the future to avoid similar situations? Discuss with David N. - keycloak not present in the CI pipeline at the moment (just ldap) - Pulpcore - every tuesday new Y (if possible)/X release - released pulpcore 3.25 (breaking change release) - comes with django 4.2 - all plugins need comptability migrations (the release for pulp_file and pulp_certguard already handled) - next breaking release will be 3.40 ### Galaxy - pulp_ansible 0.17.1 unblocked the performance/investigation work ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## April 27th ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Sync after changing requirements [slack discussion](https://redhat-internal.slack.com/archives/CBPKRHHG9/p1682590513721189) - issue [issue ](https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAH-2322) - Pulp_container - leadership change announcement - [lmjachky] hassle around the keycloak integration bug one day before dev-freeze (https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues/1254) - Is there anything that can be done in the future to avoid similar situations? - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - [awc] Is it still the future plan to release pulp* frequently as-needed, perhaps weekly, when pulp and galaxy have active development? (to avoid galaxy_ng using pulp dev branches) - pulpcore bugfix releases are out every week given that there are fixes to roll out ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ## April 17 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Mar 27 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## March 20th ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Final PRs needed for next release?: - RBAC: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1338 - What is expected behavior of a Private repo? - Pre-release fix: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1392 - X-Repo search: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1357 - Will this be used on console.rh? - New namespace PR coming down the pipeline - Pulp_container - [lmjachky] We are going to take the import/export and image building features out of tech preview (the API is stable and functioning properly) - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues/1236 - Pulpcore - pulpcore 3.23 is out now - Domains (you should not see if you don't switch on) - CI update to plugins has stated. "Integrate with released versions, test with lowerbounds." ### Galaxy - ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Mar 13 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - (event conflicts with galaxy team meetings thanks to DST now) - alikins leaving red hat - reviews, reviews, reviews - RBAC - Collection search - more to come? - Thoughts on https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1393? - API endpoint for copying/moving collections to multiple repos ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Mar 06 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore - Django 4.2 is going to be released in April (pulpcore v3.25) ### Galaxy - Need reviews on https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/3622 - https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAP-8823 ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Feb 27 ### Action Items ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Dependency issue with black - needs more investigation - my be just dev_reqs - pulp_ansible -> galaxy-importer -> ansible-lint - collection Mark https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1326 - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAH-2158 - PR https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1376 ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Feb 20 ### Action Items [dnewswanger] file an issue for pulp_ansible copy. ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - cross repo search performance requiring a new approach. - RBAC is close to be ready for final review. - Associated Content must be managed separately with modify. - A copy (that takes a source repo) could carry associated parts. - Namespace api seems to introduce some breaking changes. - e.g. image upload vs url - API's may be coexisting for a while - Pulp_container - Any updates for https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAP-8823? - We have plans to improve the container registry operations. That is not a solution to the underlying issue, yet to be identified. +1 - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - ## Feb 13 ### Action Items ### Priority List 1. Repo managment 2. Namespace sync ### In the priority Queue ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Going to change the merge strategy in gh back. - Reason [soft]: We check the commit message for sanity, but that is not what we get on merging. - Reason [hard]: Our "fixes #" stanzas are changed incompatible. This breaks backporting. - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1355 - Will experiment with another merge setting first. - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - Wisdom: Still not clear about the requirements. - Next steps for https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAP-8823 (podman push too many requests)? ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Feb 6 ### Action Items ### Priority List 1. Repo managment 2. Namespace sync ### In the priority Queue ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - [l10n] would it make sense to localize task messages when returning task details? ("Associating Content", "Downloading tag list") ([AAP-3756](https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAP-3756)) - = task.progress_reports[*].{message,state} - Might be possible, probably depends on the task - Martin to file an issue in pulpcore (https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/issues/3551) - Escalation (pulp container too many requests): https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAP-8823 - This seems to be happening because there's a big delay between dispatching a task and executing it, even though the task queue is empty. What is the root cause? - possibly database issues? - Can we increase the amount of time pulp container waits for the task to return? - yes, as a last resort thing - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues/1207 - Hey, pulp_installer's CI for the released version of galaxy (4.6.3) is still failing due to a version mismatch for "packaging". I know the pulp team discovered this in December or January, I assume we told you guys: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_installer/actions/runs/4070707415/jobs/7011814341#step:14:1351 ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Jan 30 ### Action Items * [DONE] gerrod to schedule meeting with david and matthias * [mdellweg] Bring the idea of faster pulpcore releases to the Pulp Group. ### Priority List 1. Repo managment 2. CollectionMark 3. Namespace sync ### In the priority Queue ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Labeled issues that I was unsure of closing as 'Wontfix', take a look and comment if they should be closed. - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3AWontfix - When is deadline for namespace work? - Feature freeze is March 29th, beginning March would be good target - Is it possible someone else is available to add namespace permission checks? - RBAC question around Namespaces and galaxy/views.py - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAH-2094 - galaxy_ng to use pulp* main commits - Goal: release / deploy any time from main - [mdellweg] Bring the idea of faster pulpcore releases to the Pulp Group. ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Jan 23 ### Action Items ### Priority List 1. Repo managment * Tanner is working on cross repo search now * hard, not performant * new experimental PR from David will ned some eyes * materialized views https://blog.jetbrains.com/pycharm/2022/07/faster-django-queries-with-materialized-views/ 3. Namespace sync ### In the priority Queue ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Namespace sync tests finished, ready for review - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1157 needs eyes @matthias @david - Doesn't include machinery for namespace permissions, would like to schedule time to discuss how to go about implementing this - 0.15.1 with `jsonschema>=4.9,<4.18` - Pulp_container - integration with cosign ongoing - Pulpcore - feature in tech preview https://discourse.pulpproject.org/t/features-in-tech-preview/737/3 - zero downtime migrations https://discourse.pulpproject.org/t/support-zero-downtime-updates/645/19 - There may be conditional zd-safe migrations. ### Galaxy - how can we get this finished? https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1115 - https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAH-2094 “galaxy_ng 4.6.3 can't be installed due to latest ansible-lint 6.11.0 release” - pulp docs on declating deps https://docs.pulpproject.org/pulpcore/plugin_dev/plugin-writer/concepts/index.html#declaring-dependencies - pulpcore 3.22 migrations ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Jan 16 ### Action Items ### Priority List 1. Repo managment 2. Namespace sync ### In the priority Queue ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Bruno is working on the Ansible Content Mark, meeting with Matthias on some brainstorming - Pulp_container - Pulpcore - https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/issues/3505 PG bouncer issue - ### Galaxy - ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Jan 09 ### Action Items ### Priority List 1. Repo managment 2. Namespace sync ### In the priority Queue ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - [bruno] Content{Label,Tag,Mark}? - Do we really need this? - A use-case for syncing labels along with content units (e.g., Collections) - Right now we have only labels attached to repositories, but not to the content itself - Current PoC will be discussed in the pulpcore meeting - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wh3CbCzmoA0EFSCGq9xmrOMvaYgNjhu_MrKfpP9-vLM/edit# ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Dec 12 ### Action Items ### Priority List 1. Repo managment 2. Namespace sync ### In the priority Queue ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Namespace Sync being implemented in https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1157 - Pulp_container - The fix for https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAH-1977 is available on GH - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/pull/1176 (need to discuss release details with Ina, possibly) - Pulpcore - 3.22 hopefully out end of week ### Galaxy - ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Dec 5 ### Action Items ### Priority List 1. Repo managment 2. Namespace sync ### In the priority Queue ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Release 0.16.0 is out. - Pulp_container - Released 2.14.3 (fixed issues with signing services and media_types for manifests) - Pulpcore - There has been a request for scheduled syncs from different directions. - [mdellweg] hopes for a single implementation for all. - 3.22 is about to be released - Domains ### Galaxy - https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAH-2039 - https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAH-2043 - https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/issues/3338 ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda =========== ## Nov 21 ### Action Items [gerrod] release pulp_ansible after "lockless import" is merged. [DONE] [davidn] file an issue for "private" on ansible repositories. [NA] [mdellweg] find and prioritize the pulp_ansible RBAC issue. [DONE] ### Priority List 1. Repo managment 2. Namespace sync ### In the priority Queue ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Galaxy PR for collection-upload refactor - https://github.com/ansible/galaxy_ng/pull/1463 - Pulp_container - there is an issue with pulp-container signing service https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues/1135. It affects **only manifest lists**. AH should not be affected as long as only image manifests are signed by pulp signing service; it's being worked on. - Podman cannot verify signatures properly once the verification policy is configured. - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - object permissions for repositories and remotes - Looks like the time has come to add RBAC to pulp_ansible. ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ## Nov 14th ### Action Items [gerrod] release pulp_ansible after "lockless import" is merged. [davidn] file an issue for "private" on ansible repositories. ### Priority List 1. Repo managment 2. Namespace sync ### In the priority Queue ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Lockless import is blocked by how to run tests. - Want a release after it. - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1279 merged, think ready for a pulp-ansible y-stream release - In theory yes, we want to wait for "lockless import". - https://issues.redhat.com/browse/AAH-2000 private ansible repos - status of https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues/1105? - Waiting for collection-upload refactor: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1176 - pulp zero downtime, will invite infra for next meeting ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda =========== ## Oct 31st ### Action Items ### Priority List 1. Repo managment 2. Namespace sync ### In the priority Queue ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1277 migration merged... ready for a pulp-ansible release? - state of pulp-oci-images vs galaxy UI testing - contact @dkliban to raise this issue, pulp-oci-images will be the central place for all Pulp images ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ============ ## Oct 24th ### Action Items ### Priority List 1. Repo managment 2. Namespace sync ### In the priority Queue ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - bmbouter to focus on hosted content and step away from working on pulp_ansible - going to focus on pulp being deployed with the RPM content type - will stop attending our meetings - please work with mdellweg as the pulp_ansible lead and ipanova as the pulp_container lead - thank you for all the collaboration - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1252 - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - need to add to the UI option to sign specific tags in pulp-container (Execution env). Now the sign button signs whole repo ( all tags) ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda =============== ## Oct 10, 2022 ### Action Items ### Priority List 1. Repo managment 2. Namespace sync ### In the priority Queue ### Pulp - Pulp_ansible - Can the OCI-env run galaxy_ng and the tests - some intererst from two upstream user groups to use pulp_ansible and/or galaxy_ng - Pulp_container - Pulpcore ### Galaxy - Improvements to the user serializer in pulpcore: https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/issues/2851 ### Prio List pulp_ansible: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list pulp_container: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aprio-list ### Open PRs - want to talk, link a PR to the agenda ### Action Items [ipanova] start a new hackmd [done] [davidN] schedule meeting for namespace sync planning [done]