# Nest V2 readme
# Aragon Nest
**A grants program to support the development of the Aragon ecosystem.**
The goal of the Nest program is to bring down the technological and real world barriers preventing Aragon to fulfill its mission: *bring the freedom to organize to everyone*. How so? By attracting the individuals and teams out there who want to work on meaningful matters and are looking for the necessary conditions and community support to do it.
>-- Nest teams are granted up to $150K funding and up to ANT30K success rewards
### Nest teams are part of a network of teams striving towards a common goal
In the Aragon ecosystem, each actor has a crucial role and holds a unique place in a greater network. Nest teams address medium term challenges that cannot be addressed by Flock teams and are too demanding to be tackled through community bounties. **Nest teams are agile task forces addressing important issues that may emerge in this ever moving space.**
### Base requirements
The Aragon Association has full discretion over grants attribution. If you are planning to apply for a Nest Grant, here are a bunch of things you need to know:
#### Nest is:
- Nest is looking for teams who share the values of Aragon and want to contribute in bringing the freedom to organize to the many.
- Nest is looking for teams who want to do this by building open source software and initiatives that narrow the gap to the final user.
- Nest finances projects that benefit multiple ecosystems, provided they fully support Aragon's vision.
#### Nest isn't:
- Nest is not interested in funding existing projects or monetizable solutions.
- It is not interested in funding research initiatives. Emphasis is on concrete deliverables.
> - Check out this blog outlying the Nest 2019 philosophy
> - Check out this guide helping you do prep-work for proposals and augment your chances to come up with a relevant proposal
> - Browse the current [**proposals for grants**](https://github.com/aragon/nest/issues)
> - Browse the current [**requests for funding**](https://github.com/aragon/nest/pulls)
> - Read [**Frequently Asked Questions**](faqs.md)
-- [Frame](https://github.com/floating/frame#downloads) is a second time grantee. The team is developing a universal OS based signing platform aiming at enabling frictionless interaction with Web3.
-- [Aragon Mesh](https://github.com/AragonMesh/team) is working to on the aragonCLI, the go-to tool to set up your environment and develop Aragon apps and DAOs.
-- LevelK is a second time grantee. The team is developing a Futarchy app to use with Aragon DAOs, as well as signalling markets using this app.
## How to submit a proposal for a grant?
1. Make sure the [Proposals for grants](https://github.com/aragon/nest/issues) don’t have an existing proposal for something similar to your idea or project. If there is a proposal close to your idea or project, join the discussion of that Proposal to see if your idea or project could be integrated into the existing one, or if you should create a new proposal
2. If nothing similar exists, create [a new Proposal for grants](https://github.com/aragon/nest/issues/new) at the [Nest Repository](https://github.com/aragon/nest/), fill it out in detail following the [Guide for submitting a proposal for grants](Guide_for_submitting_a_proposal_for_grants.md) and **discuss** if we should consider it for a grant
3. After step 1 or 2, if you feel ready to apply for a grant see the [Guide for submitting a new request for funding](Guide_for_submitting_a_request_for_funding.md) and follow these steps:
- Fork the [Aragon Nest GitHub repository](https://github.com/aragon/nest)
- Create a new directory with **your project’s name** inside the `grants/` folder.
- Inside that, create two files, [`team.md`](.github/templates/team.md) and [`roadmap.md`](.github/templates/roadmap.md), where you present **your team** and **suggested roadmap**
- **Create a Pull Request** to merge your submission into the Nest repository. In that Pull Request, be sure to fill in **all the relevant info** described in the [Guide for submitting a new Request for funding](Guide_for_submitting_a_request_for_funding.md)
The difference between the **proposal stage** and the **request for funding stage** is that in the proposal stage we will focus on determining if the **idea is worth pursuing** and should be considered for a grant. In the request for funding stage we focus on determining if **the team will be able to deliver and the feasibility of the timeline/roadmap, milestones and deliverables**.
### Grant sizes
**Funding**: Up to $150,000 in DAI, split into chunks paid out over achieved deliverables.
**Success reward**: Up to 30,000 ANT, given out when all deliverables are ready and the project is successfully finished. Please note that this reward is not part of the grant amount. This is a reward the Aragon Association wants to give to the teams building on Aragon for governance participation purposes.
### Engage the community and discuss! The community and the Aragon Association will review the submissions and get back to you