CDT Monthly Call April 14 2021
- **Location:** [:computer: Zoom Meeting](https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/545364607?pwd=L1d2eDQ4RWJmdkk3YXkvcW90RWJiQT09) ([full details below](#Connection-Details))
- **Date:** April 14, 2021 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada) ([Calendar/ICS](https://eclipse.zoom.us/meeting/uJAodO-sqDstovAF50NQR9k2f8kNjAOvEg/ics?icsToken=98tyKuysqzgsHtKVt1z9c6ktOcH-b9_yln5Yi4UIzDHUMXlYMAWuPcxIE51pNd-B))
1. Welcome and sign yourself in
3. Actions from last meeting
4. CDT 10.3 / 2020-06 planning (M1 is on 12 April)
5. Increasing minimum version of GDB we test and support "officially" [Bug 572582](https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=572582)
6. Reenabling long disabled DSF-GDB tests (these were initially disabled when we moved to Jiro)
7. Status of cdt-gdb-adapter
8. Any other business?
- **Contact:** <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- **Reference:** [Last month meeting](https://hackmd.io/@jonahgraham/cdt-call-mar-10-2021)
## Connection Details
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 545 364 607
Dial by your location find your local number: https://eclipse.zoom.us/u/acMY3kyoJW
## Actions from last meeting details
- Action (Jeff): to try to reproduce, and if there is a problem report back so that we can respin CDT RC2 before it means having to respin all of SimRel/EPP. The deadline would be this afternoon.
- Jeff will keep his eye on it, but not a reproducible problem
- Action (Jonah): Raise a bug to make CPP EPP consistent Bug 571849 Created
- Action (Jonah): Add entry to N&N for Bug 571458 to make it explicit that only C builders are now invoked.
- Action (Anton): Try out the new headless builder to see if there are any impacts on this change that need resolving
- Nothing to do, but monitor if there is a problem here
- Action (Jantje): does project creation turn off workspace autobuild.
- Action (Torbjörn): Reproduce dark theme color issue in console.
- Make minimum version supported of GDB 8.0
- Short discussion on cdt-gdb-adapter in context of gitpod's announcement
- The full blog post is here https://www.gitpod.io/blog/next-chapter-for-gitpod and if a twitter summary is enough you can see it here https://twitter.com/gitpod/status/1380151116072161281
- GDB knowing GDBSERVER has resumed (reset or watchdog type issues). See gdb mailing list messages and bugzilla:
- https://sourceware.org/pipermail/gdb/2021-March/049285.html - initial message
- https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=27439 - bugzilla entry
- https://sourceware.org/pipermail/gdb/2021-March/049331.html - reply
- https://sourceware.org/pipermail/gdb-patches/2021-March/177359.html - reply (on gdb-patches)
- Why is IOverwriteQuery being using in managedbuilder.core?
- Action (Torbjörn): file bug
- Florent lead topic on project references [Bug 566892](https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=566892)
- project references at platform level causes unneeded builds of dependent projects
- John commented on his experiences:
- initial conclusion is that there is code at platform level to support use case, but not UI to support it
- pointed out that there was significant concern of breaking projects with fixing this
- the current CDT referencing system is not complete - e.g. it won't run other builders when building referenced projects
- There is a "default" build configuration
- Implementing this in the platform would enable it for all types of projects
- Features that are lost if the platform reference is disabled
- Opening closed projects, including dependencies, won't open the dependencies
- Dependent projects won't run non-CDT builders
- More discussion on this topic happened that is not well captured in these notes.
### Next Meeting
[May 12 at 11am (Ottawa, Canada time)](https://hackmd.io/@jonahgraham/cdt-call-may-12-2021)