tags: internal, operations
# Junior Research Engineer (MPC)
### Remote / Full time
### Company website: https://hashcloak.com/
HashCloak Inc is a R&D lab and consultancy focused on privacy, anonymity and scalability for blockchains and cryptocurrencies. Founded in 2019, our team is well-known for working on state of the art Ethereum projects such as Ethereum 2.0, Shyft Network and Althea, for pioneering optimistic rollups and bringing forth the first empirical analysis of Ethereum's privacy guarantees and applications.
We are seeking a junior research engineer to work on our multiparty computation (MPC) related projects both internal and client-facing. You will be working on cutting edge MPC products. Here's a short list of what we have been working on:
* StoffelMPC: A framework for building MPC as a sidechain blockchain applications
* Flashbots privacy: Research into how to add privacy into [Flashbots](flashbots.net)
Our team is interested in many exiciting areas at the intersection of cryptography, game theory, and finance, such as anonymous networking, private information retrieval, and zero-knowledge proofs. You will be working with a small, and international team based in different time zones around the world. We are a remote-only company and have a very flexible and relaxed culture.
This role is a great fit for someone that is a software engineer that wants to transition into a hybrid role at the intersection of R&D!
* Implement cutting edge MPC protocols
* Assist in the building of internal MPC projects
* Assist in client engagements around MPC
* Keep up to date on MPC research
* Write blog posts about interesting insights and MPC protocols
* Bachelor's degree or above in computer science, mathematics or related fields or equivalent experience
* 1+ years programming experience in a systems programming language such as C/C++, Go (Preferred), Rust (Preferred).
* Experience building distributed systems
* Experience implementing cryptography
* (Nice to have) Knowledge of secure software practices
* (Nice to have) Experience in deploying production-ready applications
## To Apply
If you are interested in this role, please send an email to Mikerah at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume/CV along with something interesting you have built or published. We would love to see some of your previous projects, including open source projects, publications, etc., which would help showcase the highlights of your career.