Drogue IoT Community Meeting === * Meetings: Bi-weekly 09:00 UTC and 10:30AM EST * [Join our chat](https://matrix.to/#/#drogue-iot:matrix.org) * [Nominated issues](https://github.com/search?q=org%3Adrogue-iot+label%3Anominated+is%3Aopen&type=Issues) * [Community calls](https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/embed?src=ofuctjec399jr6kara7n0uidqg@group.calendar.google.com) --- Video call link: https://meet.google.com/hfx-kmiv-oix More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/hfx-kmiv-oix ## 2022/15/11 Meeting leader: Ulf Lilleengen ### Agenda - Commands refactoring - Bluer PR and btmesh dpendency - VSS (Vehicle Signal Specification) - Release - Drogue device refactor ### Participants - Ulf - Dejan - JB ### Meeting minutes - Commands refactoring is in progress - Add separate tables owned by the command routing service - VSS -> use vss-tools to generate dopplegaenger json - Migration tool is complete - RC1 tagging today - Update changelog - GH actions must be updated for most projects for some deprecated dependencies - Bluer - release btmesh and see about nightly requirement for bluer - ## 2022/8/11 Meeting leader: Dejan Bosanac ### Agenda - Commands refactoring - https://hackmd.io/8KnuNZdbQQSsVwwipfOjGg - aarch64 builds, or not? - drogue device rethink status update ### Participants - Jens - Ulf - Dejan - Bob - JB ### Meeting minutes - Commands spec to be iterated on based on the convo - Do aarch64 builds with Graviton for the relases - Continued discussion on meta-board crates ## 2022/18/10 ### Agenda - Website & Docs - EclipseCon - TLS-PSK - Game/BLE workshop - OCM/Fedora/RHEL4Edge - Gateway health and metrics ### Participants ### Meeting minutes - ## 2022/8/9 Meeting leader: Ulf Lilleengen ### Agenda - EclipseCon - Microbit BSP - GH issues - ... ### Participants - ### Meeting minutes - Use cases for Drogue Cloud - Explain which features being highlighted in example - Better colors in images - Less details in images - Write up blog post - Will use micro bits for hackathon ## 2022/7/5 Meeting leader: Ulf Lilleengen ### Agenda - Use cases for Drogue Cloud - EclipseCon ### Participants - ctron - dejanb - jbtrystra - lulf ### Meeting minutes - Use cases for Drogue Cloud - Explain which features being highlighted in example - Better colors in images - Less details in images - Write up blog post - Will use micro bits for hackathon ## 2022/3/29 Meeting leader: Dejan Bosanac ### Agenda - GSoC - Statuses ### Participants - Jens Reimann - Dejan Bosanac - Subhasish Behera - JB Trystram ### Meeting minutes - ## 2022/3/22 Meeting leader: Jens Reimann ### Agenda - Gateway - Fleet Manager ### Participants - Ulf Lilleengen - Jens Reimann - Dejan Bosanac ### Meeting minutes - GSoC - Hamees interested in the Knative Event Source project - Dejan gave an overview of the project - Knative Event Source will work on other transports than Kafka only - Managed Kafka - Using RHOAS SDK to interact with managed kafka - Migrate devbox and sandbox to use managed Kafka for the next release - Drogue Cloud release - Release 0.9.0 on 23rd of March - JB is release coordinator - New stuff: metric, tracing, eclipse ditto integration WIP, dependency updates, mqtt-ws - Scale test tools - 1 MQTT connection per device - Would be nice with a burrboard simulator sending mesh packets - Gateway progress - - ## 2022/3/08 Meeting leader: Ulf Lilleengen ### Agenda - GSoC - Managed Kafka - Drogue Cloud release - Scale test tools - Gateway progress - - ... ### Participants ### Meeting minutes - GSoC - Hamees interested in the Knative Event Source project - Dejan gave an overview of the project - Knative Event Source will work on other transports than Kafka only - Managed Kafka - Using RHOAS SDK to interact with managed kafka - Migrate devbox and sandbox to use managed Kafka for the next release - Drogue Cloud release - Release 0.9.0 on 23rd of March - JB is release coordinator - New stuff: metric, tracing, eclipse ditto integration WIP, dependency updates, mqtt-ws - Scale test tools - 1 MQTT connection per device - Would be nice with a burrboard simulator sending mesh packets - Gateway progress - - ## 2022/2/08 Meeting leader: Jens Reimann ### Participants - JB Trystram - Ulf Lilengreen - Gary Edwards - Ondrej Babec (Red Hat) - Jens Reimann (Red Hat) ### Meeting minutes - RFC needed for MQTT protocol - Ondrej is starting up his project, learning rust :) - Ulf is fighting bootloading + PCB work - Jens have been working on aarch64 drogue-cloud builder image - ## 2022/2/1 Meeting leader: Jens ### Agenda - Introduction pragmatic minds GmbH - Summit demo update ### Participants - Julian Feinauer (pragmatic minds) - Tim Mitsch (pragmatic minds) - Dejan Bosanac (Red Hat) - Jens Reimann (Red Hat) ### Meeting minutes - Introduction "pragmatic minds" - Talk about use cases - Explain Drogue Cloud concepts ## 2022/1/25 Meeting leader: Ulf ### Agenda - GKE install fixes - Ditto update - Summit data model - BLE mesh ### Participants - lulf - dejanb - jbtrystram - ctron - ... ### Meeting minutes - GKE install fixes: - Helm chart issues related to helm and kubernetes versions. Gary submitted PR which needs review (and merge). - Looking into handling domain name being input with a leading dot. - Some helpful messages around DNS setup when ingress is used - Ingress for Keycloak with TLS not working out of the box - Ditto update - Tested digital twin integration - Enable ditto integration per application - No translation to ditto payload format yet, payload must be in ditto format - When you register device in drogue, you get a device in ditto as well - Working to support multitenancy in ditto using namespaces with access control - Ditto APIs for reading must support namespaces or output resources based on auth - TODO: Command path setting state in digital twin and send the updates to device - TODO: Testing latency with a large number of devices - Summit data model - Create diagram of alternative data flows ## 2022/1/11 Meeting leader: Dejan ### Agenda - Drogue cloud metrics progress overview ### Participants - lulf - dejanb - jbtrystram ### Meeting minutes - ## 2021/11/16 Meeting leader: Dejan ### Agenda - Scripts cross-platform compatibility - WiFi workshop status and plans - Digital Twin and console integration strategy ### Participants - lulf - ctron - dejanb - Gary Edwards - jbtrystram ### Meeting minutes - Keep supporting Bash 3.x and OSX for now - Wifi workshop: Good progress on firmware and web example, Grafana example close - Digital twin: Explore integration of Ditto - Explore other open source digital twins - Explore how to integrate graphs and metrics in console (https://superset.apache.org/) - MQTT and Gateway support good progress - BCW demo possibility - OMP try to connect MQTT demo to Drogue cloud ## 2021/11/02 Meeting leader: Ulf ### Agenda - Drogue Server demo - Drogue Cloud 0.8 planning (Dec 1st) - RFC 0012 - Proxy/gateway devices - Web UI improvements - Metrics/Tracing https://pipewire.org/ - system tests - Docs - drogue server prebuilt binaries - Drogue Cloud roadmap 2022 - Device state service - Digital twin (Ditto?) - Edge (Kanto?) - Operator (?) - Build for ARM(?) - Wifi workshop - Drogue Cloud default app - Drogue Cloud event source discussion ### Participants - lulf - ctron - dejanb - jbtrystram ### Meeting minutes #### Drogue Server - Make drogue server part of 0.8 in its current state once its merged #### 0.8 planning - Proxy/gateway RFC is created, comments welcome - Make all API features available in the Web UI - drg publish and consume/subscribe aliases - Create apps amd devices through the web console #### Cloud roadmap 2022 Skipping the point for next meeting #### WiFi workshop - Dejan will continue on the Grafana demo - JB will try to make a separate library for websockets - Ulf will try to create a WASM integration plotting temperature data ## 2021/10/19 Meeting leader: Dejan ### Agenda - Eclipse package and new Eclipse Kanto discussion - Progress on Eclipse package - Progress toward 0.8 Drogue cloud (MQTT refactoring), TODO set the date - Discussing idea of using CDC or outbox pattern on Edge - Start working on MQTT gateway support (start issue to work on RFC) - ### Participants - lulf - ctron - dejanb - jbtrystram - Gary ## 2021/10/05 Meeting leader: JB Trystram ### Agenda - Discussion about sourcing data to build a workshop showing an IoT use case with vespa.ai ### Participants - lulf - ctron - dejanb - jbtrystram - Gary ### Meeting minutes - ctron : Eclipse package is ready and only need more polish and doc. Goal is to have it done for EclipseCon. -> Kura + Ditto + Drogue + StreamSheets - lulf : Building a workshop showing the reuse of sensors data with a ML model ? Needs to document the kind of data to have. -> Have a quarkus app as a frontend for the drogue-public-temperature so anyone can enroll their device in there. --- ## 2021/09/21 Meeting leader: Ulf Lilleengen ### Agenda - Status ### Participants - lulf - ctron - dejanb - jbtrystram ### Meeting minutes - Dejan doing cool stuff with WASM-WASI on krustlet - More LoRa devices being supported - EclipseCon presentation being ready for recording - Drogue Cloud 0.7 ready to be released (waiting for drg client update to be released) - Going to add PR to keycloak-operator to support service account use case - Jens working on IoT packages and fighting with OpenJDK 8 on ARM 32 bit - Should get a BLE example for microbit ## 2021/09/07 Meeting leader: Ulf Lilleengen ### Agenda - Status ### Participants - lulf - dejanb - jbtrystra - ctron - vedang ### Meeting minutes - Ulf : TTN presentation done - a lot of embedded stuff i'm having a hard time to summarize :D - Dejan : work toward moving old bob's wifi driver to embassy. Cloud events SDK Prs reviewing helping Jim. - ctron : holidays :) - drogue-cloud conmectivity is good enough, end of the year goal is to polish user experience. - we're lacking a landing page that gives an overview of drogue scope. - AWS MQTT service compatibility - Comparison table with other services ? - Clarify that drogue cloud is not limited to drogue-device for compatibility - - ## 2021/08/24 Meeting leader: Ulf Lilleengen ### Agenda - Status updates - New Actor API (Ulf) - WiFi workshop progress (Ulf, Dejan) - Drogue device example categories ### Participants - Ulf - Dejan ### Meeting minutes - Actor API: Its nice - Workshop: Working on eS-Wifi, making wasm app authenticate to drogue cloud - Example categories: - Use case based examples: measuring something and sending data over network to a cloud - supported by N boards - Decouple repository example structure from documentation. Displaying examples based on their tags (defined in Cargo.toml) to more easily filter and discover examples. ## 2021/08/10 Meeting leader: JB Trystram ### Agenda - Status updates ### Participants - Gary Edwards - Vedang Joshi - JB Trystram ### Meeting minutes - Vedang Joshi : RSA key gen in drg completed. ALso drg can import already generated keys. Some work on tests. Plan to write a blog post before the next GSOC evaluation. - JB : completed the websocket integration endpoint. Needs some reviewing before merging ## 2021/07/27 Meeting leader: Dejan Bosanac ### Agenda - Status updates - IoT packages update ### Participants - Dejan Bosanac - Jens Reimann - Vedang Joshi - JB Trystram ### Meeting minutes - IoT packages - New package: Drogue device, ioFog/Kura, Drogue cloud, Ditto, Streamsheets. - Discussion on whether to use Knative for payload conversion or not. - Rust Knative support is making progress - Kafka refactroring in progress (no more knative in core) - CoAP support merged - WS integration ongoing - Improvements to support of device certificates ## 2021/07/13 Meeting leader: Jens Reimann ### Agenda - GSoC update round - NA compatible timeslot for community call ? ### Participants - Jb Trystram - Joshi Vedang - Gary Edwards - Rishabh Vasudevan - Pranav Bhatt - Jens Reimann ### Meeting minutes - GSoC update - Vedang - close to merging, some minor topics to discuss - one dependency to add to Fedora - discussion around device naming: currently `CN=<deviceId>, O=Drogue IoT, OU=<appId>` - Rishabh - repository uploaded - added dockerfiles to run - next step: work on the lag in the live recognition - Pranav - Close to completion - next step: end to end tests - exams coming up - maybe work on DTLS later - NA compatible timeslot - raise that topic on the matrix channel and ask for input from people from NA --- ## 2021/06/29 Meeting leader: Jb ### Agenda - GSoC update round - TLS (Ulf) - Demo (Pranav) ### Participants - Jb Trystram - Joshi Vedang - Ulf Lilleengen - Gary Edwards - Rishabh Vasudevan - Pranav Bhatt ### Meeting minutes - Status updates - Ulf: Reworked drogue-tls crate, now with tls 1.3. Tested with drogue cloud and esp 8266. - Pranav: Aims to have the Coap adapter deployed on a drogue-cloud locally then open a PR to get feedback. COAP publishing works. - Joshi: Completed work to create trust anchors and manage certs through bash scripts. Issues with authentication when using client certs agains the MQTT endpoint. - Rishabh: 2 models are needed (1 for word detection and 1 for silence detection). Needs more voice data. - Pranav: Demo! Needs input on the YAML deployment files. --- ## 2021/06/15 Meeting leader: Dejan ### Agenda - MQTT demo status and plans (Dejan) - Registry change events eventing? (Dejan) - GSoC update round - Current Helm & Kafka refactorings (ctron, status update) - Drogue device update (Ulf, status update) - ... ### Participants - Dejan Bosanac - Ulf Lilleengen - Jens Reimann - Vedang Joshi ### Meeting minutes - Status updates - Dejan: Raspberry Pi, Fedora IoT, DHT sensor -> Drogue Cloud - Think about creating some "Drogue Cloud clients" (e.g. for Python, Rust, …) - Jens: Continue on MQTT Quarkus demo - Jens: Helm deployment development - OMP PoC Quarkus/OPC-UA -> Drogue Cloud - Quakrus OPC-UA Microprofile lib? - Ulf: Work on Embassy STM32 support - Ulf: More Lora chips support - Drogue device generic actors for wifi and lora - ML workshop in plans - GSoC - Start with the x509 auth demo - Steps for providing "Hey Rodney" samples - Coap->CE mapping - Kafka - Knative eventing -> Kafka for Drogue cloud core - Improves commands flow a lot - Registry change events to stay Knative eventing based --- ## 2021/06/1 Meeting leader: Dejan ### Agenda - Conference updates (Eclipse and TTN) - Status - ### Participants - Dejan Bosanac - Gary Edwards - Ulf Lilleengen - Vedang Joshi - ### Meeting minutes - re.je + [ABC-RP](https://abc-rp.com/) usage of Drogue, potential cross blog post, ... - Future improvements of the Lora stack and collaboration with Things industries - Improvements in the Quarkus MQTT implementation and further improving cloud application example - More work towards better framework for knative services development - Continuing work on better Embassy integration for Drogue device - Disucssions on GSoC and voice sampling issues --- ## 2021/05/18 Meeting leader: Dejan ### Agenda - GSoC and the way forward - TTN operator and synchroniziation - State of cloud events schema registries - Plans for Drogue Cloud 0.6 - Testing ### Participants Fill in your GH handle or matrix.org username below: - Dejan Bosanac - Ulf Lilleengen - Jens Reimann - JB Trystram - Pranav Bhatt - Vendand Joshi - Rishabh Vasudevan ### Meeting minutes - Onboarding, inital GSoC discussions and timetable for starting the work - Discussed cuurent plan to use Knative eventing retries, combined with event outbox table for state. It's left to be tested. - State of Kafka schema registries and cloud events - More Ingress work, Kafka integration, Use Helm?, Central CI instance and testing - open a RFC to spec data section of devices and apps -> JB - automated testing -> try custom/provided GitHub actions runner ## 2021/05/04 Meeting leader: Ulf ### Agenda - RPi Pico - LoRaWAN workshop - GSoC status - ... ### Participants Fill in your GH handle or matrix.org username below: - vedangj044 - AD - rishabh-vasudevan - lulf - ... ### Meeting minutes - RPi basic example works, flashing using the built-in bootloader for now. Longer term goal is to have the example use probe-rs (trying to help driving this forward upstream) and using peripherals. - Jens has written a workshop for LoRaWAN with end-to-end example workshop. Looking for testers to try it out. Need a similar workshop for WiFi to show that Drogue Cloud is not really only about LoRaWAN. - GSoC - available slots should be known on the 13th of May, but this is not certain. Student participant announcement is on the 17th of May ## 2021/04/20 Meeting leader: Ulf ### Agenda - Meeting agenda layout > [name=Ulf] - Discuss API specification: - Proposal: - Focus on simple Registry and "admin" API for 0.5 - Leave bulk operations in for now, but transfer them to a new RFC before merging the RFC - Helps to see how this looks - But leaves out the complexity for 0.5 - Add a "search" / "list" operation for applications & devices - Required for handling gateways - Search by name or labels - Operators: equals, not, and, or, sub-string - Paging: - Input: Start offset, max number of results - Output: "one more" - Naming discussion! Drogue device API names for send and wait for confirmation and send and wait for enqueued. - Drogue device / digital twin demo (dejanb) - Role of drg in Trust-anchor feature (vedangj044) - ... ### Participants Fill in your GH handle or matrix.org username below: - lulf - vedangj044 - rishabh-vasudevan - ctron - dejanb - AD - jbtrystram - sonukushwaha403 - ... ### Meeting minutes * Went through the agenda purpose and structure * Introduction of new participants * API specification * We should aim for good API documentation * OpenAPI v3 API specification as source for API reference * Won't rely on code-generation but use for docs and for validation * Proposal in agenda agreed upon by all * Use query parameters for list operations * Model after Kubernetes API * Naming * Send-> Execute, Notify_And_wait, Process? * Digital twin demo * Preparing for end to end demo with drogue-device for eclipse conference. Would like to use drogue-device-ng if its ready, but requires porting of drivers. * Trust anchor * Drogue cli should support multiple trust anchors, but not necessary for initial version