tags: Rangers, notes, HAUS Party Live
# HAUS Party LIVE! Notes: 7/29/2021
Join us for 🎉 Haus Party Live 🎉 every Thursday at 2pm EST on the [DAOhaus Discord](https://discord.gg/daohaus)
## Notes From the [Livestream](https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1101911821)
YouTube link coming soon!
>**EthCC and The DAOist**
All back home, most of us COVID Positive — so it's time to collect and harvest learning, memories and impressions of where the boat is headed after spending wonderful time together for the first time in a long time.
- EthCC and The DAOist recaps, reflections, and takeaways!
- Today we're aiming to "amplify the FOMO!"
- DAOs and collaboration
**Hosts & Guests**
- Felipe Duarte, dekanbro, vengist, Vanilladelphia.eth, Bau
🌱 Welcome to our metaphorical garden! 🌱
- Hosts: Felipe Duarte, debanbro, Vanilladelphia.eth
## Updates (DAOhaus Universe)
- MCon (MetaCartel) in Denver 9/15 - 9/17
- Revamping **warcamp** — reputation
- DAOhaus *circles* are the sub DAOs within DAOhaus
- [PoolHAUS LP DAO](https://medium.com/daohaus-club/poolhaus-and-decentralised-liquidity-provision-ced87ffe656) launched this week
## EthCC Recap and The DAOist Event
- [The DAOist](https://www.thedaoist.co/) Event was a triumph and sign of what DAOs can accomplish together
- Video wasn't recorded, but the audio for talks was recorded, may pair with the slidedecks
- "It's a little NFT in my mind!"
- Going to animate the slides over the audio
- Coming out of the event, what is everyone most excited about? Especially coming out of The DAOist Event?
- The *Meta* of the whole thing — folks coming from many places and communities across the world
- Thousands of talks and conversations and perspectives
- Powerful community consensus, coming from different angles and perspectives
- Especially impactful meeting again in person after having "hacked on this paradigm shift"
- [Raid Guild](https://raidguild.org/) came through and restocked the bar
- Felipe returned to his community organizing roots and was walking around handing out POAPs and making sure that folks had what they needed 🥂
- Why so many sleeveless?
- Was really hot — wasn't particularly a stylistic decision
- The DAOist wasn't the *actual* closing event. On Saturday, there was another DAO event where folks met up and talked in a circle in the woods 🌳
- How much knowledge transference can happen in a physical space?
- If you haven't been to a hackathon or a physical conference, be sure to go at some point
- Especially Ethereum conferences and hackathons
- Rekt Newspaper (physical edition)
- *Future of DeFi and Politics* video — (find link)
- [rekt news - Hopium Diaries - Dystopian Dreams](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Z5BnBuFyE)
- Swag was very popular — Lunchbox, apron, etc. were all well received!
- Hand sanitizer has glitter and natural scents
### Favorite EthCC Moments
- **MetaSoiree** on Day 1! MetaCartel rooftop party
- At the peak, there were ~80 people hanging out, coworking, drinking wine, eating baguettes, talking
- Owocki talk about coordination — human coordination, protocol coordination
- Vitalik — Ethereum Social media
- Now that we have L2s, how can we use coordinatino mechanisms of blockchain to provide folks with social media we can use for discourse and coordination of intelligence
- Building a system that works for people instead of something that feeds into advertisers
- We now have the tools — L2s and sidechains make these innovations possible
- Retroactive public good funding — this type of funding can quantify value that *has been* created compared to prediction markets that predict *if* something will have value
- Public God and publicgod.eth — public goods signalling?
## Conferences as MMOs?
- Going around, meeting people, networking — leveling up in an MMO
- People coming in from across the world and meeting each other and then growing and cultivating relationships is such a powerful experience
- "Multiple orders of magnitude" enhancement to information sharing, meeting, conversations
- Conversations are rapid transmissions of information — difficult to replicate in an online-only atmosphere
## DAO Takeaways
- Conversations about talent in DAOs — talent is a "transversal phenomena" — talent needs to coordinate sideways as well as within
- Creating sensations of being and belonging within organizations is a competitive advantage
- Quality of conversation has risen considerably
- DAOs are everywhere now — this wasn't true prior to COVID
- Quality of conversation around governance rising fast
- NFTs are still a thing, and people still care
- Should Felipe make NFTs?
- The DAOist is a real thing and survived the first event! Umbrella for every DAO person to come together, create content, ask questions, and organize events → become more of a *shared reality* in the next few months
- Ven parsing notes — lots of information collection — now in the curation process and looking to identify commonalities and insights
- Some conversations that were about technical and non-technical decentralization
- Some folks hardline on technical decentralization without thinking about the non-technical side (and there are other schools of thought emphasizing the non-technical side)
- Fusion is that we need both sides to be anti-fragile
- Collective intelligence — people are studying the same thing you are but from a different perspective
- What is a DAO?
- DAOs are a spectrum — organization that is decentralized in some shape or form vs. anyone who is using DAO tools
- A DAOist is not someone who is in a DAO, but someone who *works for a DAO*
- Lots of conversations around alignment, payment standardization are necessary for creating a sense of psychological safety but we're at risk of recreating previous systems
- Need to understand self in the "vertical and horizontal"
- Working for DAOs, not only *a DAO*
- If we all do this well, the emergent factor will be the greatest good
- Workstreams and workgroups across DAOs
- Being more identifiable as a group when you have a DAO
- Create contextual reputation that is platform agnostic — can see as a training to acquire certain skills
- Pathways along the way toward
- Cycles of learning and delivery
- Platform agnostic
### What are some lame things?
- Tickets for the side events were pretty restrictive — many folks didn't previous get tickets and weren't able to attend these events
- Some were more open, but many were restricted
- Feeling of scarcity created some bad behavior