# September 28th 2021
# Cloud Custodian (C7n) Community Meeting Minutes
###### tags: `Meeting`
- **Meeting URL:** [meet.google.com/mii-evqh-esh](meet.google.com/mii-evqh-esh)
- **Date:** September 28thth, 2021 (2:00 PM (ET) / 11:00 PM (PT) / 6PM (UTC))
- **[Timezone Converter (Click me)](https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20210629T180000&p1=tz_et&p2=tz_pt&p3=22&p4=240&p5=136&p6=176&p7=37&p8=248)**
- **Host:** Jorge Castro
- - **Meeting Contact:** Jorge: <email@example.com>
- **Video Link:**
- **Board**: [Community Board](https://github.com/cloud-custodian/community/projects/1)
## Agenda Items
- Introductions and Announcements [@castrojo]`5m`
- Agenda Items `15m`
- Governance as Code Day is coming!
- [Register now](https://hopin.com/events/governance-as-code-day-with-cloud-custodian-hosted-by-stacklet) to attend
- :new: [Schedule now available!](https://hopin.com/events/governance-as-code-day-with-cloud-custodian-hosted-by-stacklet#schedule)
- **Reminder: You do not need to be registered to KubeCon to attend!**
- Regular weekly doc sprints sessions [@liz-acosta]
- Review and edit documentation for server side filters [liz/AJ] For more context:
- Kapil working on getting CI down under 2 minutes.
- We're sitting at around ~10m now
- Will unify the matrix for Mac/Linux/Windows
- Outlier: Should move docker build to be async, we should not build it unless there's been a change to the docker image.
- Outlier: Doc builds too, need to look at an update into Sphinx, generally that hasn't helped. Upstream has been great responding to our issues when we report them.
- [Documentation .html differs from .rst source #6890](https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/issues/6890) - fixed
- We need ARM64 support for graviton and co.
- Star/comment [here](https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/issues/6102) if it's important to you so we can incorporate feedback
- Should we sign the docker images while we're at it?
- Docker's notary v1 tied to the registry it's on
- v2 has been in progress
- SIG Store's cosign - usable, simple, just don't built into our workflow and the signature is a sidecar, so we can bring it with us when the image moves.
- Lots of moving parts, providers, we don't want to add complexity/security surface without a good security review/time invested.
- Some challenges related to AWS credentials in GitHub Actions are being addressed via [OIDC federation](https://github.com/github/roadmap/issues/249)
- Nightly functional builds not available to the wider community, but that exposes cloud account in the build logs.
- Finding the right prioritization is the main question, moving to poetry has helped us do additional validation for our supply chain security via sha-265 checksums, so if we got a malicious package via pypi in our CI we would be ok.
- CNCF EasyCLA bot: Kapil: UX not well suited to our purpose, consider switching to [CLAbot](https://github.com/cla-assistant/cla-assistant) or switch to DCO.
- Jorge joined channel in CNCF, going to actively engage with other maintainers
- [New Events page with calendar](https://cloudcustodian.io)
- :new: Make-gitter-easier [@castrojo]
- New element release, kicking the tyres
- :new: Documentation for server-side filters
- [@liz-acosta] spoke with AJ for further clarification
- Think it would be good to tackle in this week's Doc Sprint
- For reference: In [Issue #6874](https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/issues/6874) it was noted that it may be helpful to document policy `query` block/server-side filters. However, c7n does not support server-side filters for _all_ resources, so a primary consideration for documentating them is how to do so without adding confusion/misunderstanding, how to make documentation the _most_ useful.
- :new: Tip o' the day: [/tools/dev/changelog.py](https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/blob/master/tools/dev/changelog.py)
- Upcoming Cloud Custodian Days (Resuming in November!)
- [Workshop (for beginners)](https://app.livestorm.co/stacklet-io/cloud-custodian-101-workshop?type=detailed)
- Pull Request Party `15m`
- Spare/Extra time will be dedicated to PR reviews. (See below)
:mag: PR/Issue Review
- :new: [Releng - switch off drone to github actions for docs build #6786 ](https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/issues/6786)
- Contributor Guide [@liz-acosta]
- Should we make a video for local dev environment?
- Priority backlog for the cloud providers. [@kapilt]
- Enhancements/Feature Process [@kapilt]
- Rename master->main in github [@kapilt]
- GitHub how supports this, we can try this now.
- afaict it's low risk, I'll keep investigating.
- No progress this week, kapil will sanity check it this week if he can.
- Make-gitter-easier [@castrojo]
- More to report in the future.
- Todd: drone.io just recently switched from gitter to slack and introduced a proposal github repo for this same problem set: https://github.com/drone/proposal
- Recommend [pipx](https://pypa.github.io/pipx/) for non-contributor installs? [@ajkerrigan]
- Do we [support brew](https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/c7n)?
- Version is old, should we consider updating that?
- Jorge to file an issue, see if there's a volunteer person who's into this.
- Policy Testing ([spec](https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/issues/6407)) [@marcoceppi]
- Soliciting feedback, please check it out and comment on the issue!
:closed_book: Action Items
## Chat Logs
No chat today!