# Aurora Update [2021-06-11]
The recording is available at:
- Status & current goal
- Last week
- This week
- Usage stats
- ETH bridge video explainer
- Telegram group spam
- NEAR Bully
- Next week
## Status & current goal
- Blog article on the Rainbow bridge
- Hardhat Tutorial
- Automatic finalisation of ERC20 transfer is live on the Testnet
- ? Math API protocol upgrade is scheduled to be merged today (lowering the cost of precompiles)
- Business: close the round
- Tech: launch the bridge
## Last week
## This week
### Ahmed Ali
- Hiring (Shadowing Marcelo).
- Telegram Aurora-dev support.
- RPC-Relayer onboarding (Kudos to Arto).
- Reviewing the bridge article.
### Alex Shevchenko
- 30+ investors calls
- Started the company incorporation and relevant docs preparation
- Updated the terms of the invest round
- Supported of the Rainbow Bridge
- Finalised the org chart, compensation and benefits
### Arto Bendiken
- Funded the Testnet faucet with 10,000 ETH from Ropsten.
- Kudos to GB at the Ethereum Foundation!
- If anyone in the team needs some Ropsten ETH, I’ve still got a lot of ETH left on Ropsten as well
- Released and deployed Aurora Engine 1.2.0 to Testnet and Betanet.
- Troubleshooted and fixed reported RPC issues in collaboration with Ahmed.
- Worked on admin matters: hiring, interviews, HR matters and comp convos, fundraising.
- Continued work on standing up the Testnet block explorer:
- Need to backfill the 50M historical blocks, which we also don't have indexed in our RPC endpoints as yet.
- Way too slow to let BlockScout index it itself via the RPC, so formulating a better solution.
### Evgeny Kapun
- Making tests for the host functions (not finished yet).
### Evgeny Ukhanov
- Code review
- Aurora DAO meetings
- Implementation for Contract migration mechanics:
- Aurora DAO:
- Contract deployed to: aurora-dao.testnet
- Started deploying process frontend to Hetzner
- Created repository: https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-dao-ui
- Fixed DAO creation
- Fixed DAO list
- Partly fixed DAO info & proposals
- All activities related to adopting for new functionality of SuptnikDAOv2 contract
### Frank Braun
- Work on security measures (-> interal discussions on Mondays)
- Interviews & hiring
- Reproduced open `evm-bully` issues in `aurora-engine` repository on clean machine for Joshua. Required small fix to `evm-bully`.
### Joshua J. Bouw
- Interviewed potential hires.
- Completed last bits of work on Math API. [nearcore#3954](https://github.com/near/nearcore/pull/3954)
- Coordinated with Bowen on that. Should be merged by end of the day.
- Completely added EIP-2565 support. [aurora-engine#138](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/138)
- Improved modexp precompile as a whole.
- Finished off `CREATE2` + `SELFDESTRUCT`
- Looked into Frank's issues with the bully. He added some fixes so that we can consistency between us.
- Various reviews [aurora-engine#51](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/51), [aurora-engine#135](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/135), [aurora-engine#133](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/133), [aurora-engine#131](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/131)
### Kirill Abramov
- Created [eth-to-near-event-relayer#6](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/eth-to-near-event-relayer/pull/6)
- Created [near-erc20-connector#5](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/near-erc20-connector/pull/5)
- Created [aurora-engine#131](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/131)
- Created [aurora-engine#133](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/133)
- Created [aurora-engine#136](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/136)
- Reviewed and fixed [eth-to-near-event-relayer#7](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/eth-to-near-event-relayer/pull/7)
- Reviewed [eth-to-near-event-relayer#10](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/eth-to-near-event-relayer/pull/10)
- Reviewed [aurora-engine#51](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/51)
- Reviewed and fixed [aurora-engine#125](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/125)
- Reviewed [aurora-engine#135](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/135)
- Reviewed [aurora-engine#137](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/137)
- Improved JSON errors and handling workflow for aurora-engine.
- `Eth-to-near-event-relayer`: add eNEAR support, refactoring.
- Debugged and fixed ETH exit precompiles execution workflow.
- Some refactoring for Eth-connector.
- Implemented Hardhat tests for ETH exit precompiles. ERC20: WIP.
- Storage regression test: WIP.
### Marcelo Fornet
- Precompiles (Already green in CI only missing End to End test)
- Working close with Pierre on the integration of the frontend with Eth+Erc20 transfer to Aurora
- Add support for "removing" storage in Aurora using generation key. (Updated and merged)
- Update EVM to provide access to state from precompiles (merged)
- Add support in near-api-js for view functions that receives borsh serialized arguments:
- Finalization relayer
- Deploy to Google Cloud + add basic monitoring
- Minor updates and bug reports
- Update docker image for rainbow-bridge
### Matt Henderson
- Aurora fundraise internal activities & investor reach-out
- Aurora setup activities
- Blog article about Rainbow Bridge
- Miscellaneous admin issues (upgrading some commercial services we use)
- Coordination around features related to Aurora bridge:
- ERC-20 transfers on Testnet
- ETH transfers on Mainnet
- Auto-finalization of ERC-20
- Check that Ethereum to Aurora transactions are actually finalized
- Exiting back to Ethereum
- What we didn't get done:
- Launch of ERC-20 on Testnet, due to inter-relations of some of these pieces. On the positive side, next week we beleive we'll be able to get bi-directional ETH and ERC-20 transfers on both Testnet and Mainet.
- What we got done:
- Finished Restore workflow (needed when exiting back to Ethereum)
- Started a design around synchronization and transfer filtering (should reduce need for restore)
### Michael Birch
- [Gas notes](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/doc.aurora.dev/pull/17)
- [MEW support (wip)](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/doc.aurora.dev/issues/18)
- [HardHat review](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/doc.aurora.dev/pull/16#pullrequestreview-679825646)
- Confirmed testnet deploy works with function call access key
- Need @arto to add key to aurora testnet account
- Helped with Exit Precompiles
- Helped with generational storage PR
- Work on Near Bootcamp presentation (not complete)
- Work on SDK refactor (not complete)
- PR review:
### Pierre-Alain Ouvrard
- Work on client libraries:
- Recovery of Eth -> Aurora transfers (ERC-20 + ETH)
- Replace web3js with ethersjs in @near-eth/nep141-erc20 and @near-eth/near-ether (ethersjs provider will be required)
- Handle event relayer auto finalization
- Some work on aurora exits
- Release ropsten.bridgetonear.org with auto finalization
- Integrate transfer recovery in testnet.aurora.dev
- Plan new features with Matt and Alex
### Yulian Lavysh
- Fundraise management
- Social media management, working on the partnership for this
- US-based employments edge cases
### Usage stats (Arto, Alex)
- The last month: ~2M total requests to the endpoints, 2K+ attacks blocked
- The last 24h: ~100K total requests to the endpoints
- Any good tools for on-chain stats? For example, we should track the number of `submit` and `deposit` calls (and with a succeeded/failed dimension).
![The geographic distribution of requests](https://i.imgur.com/ntC3F1U.png)
- Rainbow Bridge [stats](https://duneanalytics.com/zavodil/rainbow-bridge)
### ETH bridge video explainer
- Michael is up for this task
### Telegram group spam
- Suggesting to add bot(s) for cleaning any unncessary messages (e.g., [@MissRose_bot](https://t.me/MissRose_bot)).
- We have a couple of bots already added as admins
- Yulian to take ownership on this
### NEAR Bully?
- Success of Aurora depends on NEAR, so it's worth to help NEAR to deal with the issues in the protocol.
- NEAR Bully idea: to make a load/fuzzy testing tool for NEAR
- Michael: there's a load testing tool already. It works in the `Mocknet`.
- Frank to sync with Max & others on this matter.
## Next week
- Ahmed Ali:
- Troubleshooting other RPCs
- Support for Lollyswap
- More docs
- Alex Shevchenko:
- Finalise the discussions with the investors
- Compose the round over the next weekend
- Finalise the incorporation of the company
- Finalise the preparation of the necessary legal docs
- Arto Bendiken:
- Hiring and interviews.
- Backfill and index the historical block data.
- Finish the the block explorer roll out.
- Finish the edge infrastructure roll out.
- Support the ETH & ERC-20 connector Mainnet roll out.
- Review the Berlin HF situation.
- Evgeny Kapun:
- Finish the host functions.
- Evgeny Ukhanov:
- Complete migration PR
- AuroraDAO related activities -- TBD
- Frank Braun:
- security improvements
- infrastructure work
- hunting for devs & interviews
- support Joshua with `evm-bully` work, if necessary
- Joshua J. Bouw:
- Work on the `evm-bully` issues
- Document Math API changes to nearcore
- Add support to our precompiles for MathAPI
- Continual Berlin work
- Kirill Abramov:
- Support the release of ETH- and ERC20- connectors on Mainnet.
- Finish storage regression test.
- Finish Hardhat tests for ERC20-exits.
- Aurora-engine reviews & tech debt improvements.
- Marcelo Fornet:
- Finishing exit precompiles
- Releasing the relayers and three connectors
- Matt Henderson:
- UI updates on Aurora Bridge to support bi-directional ETH & ERC-20 transfers (or however far we get in terms of enabled transfer features).
- First notes and action items posted on the Aurora DAO product.
- Possibly some nice suprises on the Aurora Bridge core UI.
- Michael Birch:
- Near bootcamp presentation
- Bridge video tutorial
- CI checks for docs style (#20)
- SDK refactor (continued)
- Pierre-Alain Ouvrard:
- Aurora exits and recovery (ERC-20 + ETH)
- Yulian Lavysh:
- Finalising the invest round