# Goonstation Mapping Guidelines
###### These are fundamental map features that need to be checked to be working prior to submission.
If these features do not work in the current codebase then your map PR will be **rejected** and ineligible for resubmission for a full calendar month.
- Crates should be able to be ordered from cargo, and arrive where expected **without player intervention**. Sitting in a few-tile conveyor "airlock" is fine (see Destiny), sitting outside because the door did not open at all is not; missing the conveyor entirely is definitely not fine.
- Crates should be able to be sold from cargo from the expected conveyor belt **without player intervention**. Having to open a few-tile conveyor "airlock" is fine (see Destiny).
- **Access levels** (for both doors and machinery, e.g. NanoMeds, AI turrets) should be correct. Missing a small handful is acceptable, but if excess access levels are incorrect (at the coders' discretion) the map will be rejected. Using the new access_spawn objects is required. :door:
- Wiring and pipes (disposals, mail, brig, and morgue/crematorium, if present) should be **complete and error-free** for the most part. Obviously, it is okay if you are missing a single wire or something.
- Note to above: SpyGuy and Haine made a wonderful tool to test disposal networks, it is included in the maps/ folder.
- The disposals crusher blast door should be **closed** at round start (i.e. anything put down disposals at round start should not be crushed without someone opening the door).
- **All areas** on station should be powered. APCs should be able to be charging if the appropriate SMES are set to output. :control_knobs:
- Networked equipment should be **functional**. Specifically: telescience teleporter, communications consoles/dishes.
- A tested and **functioning engine**, either thermo-electric or singularity. Please provide a screenshot of the engine output if thermo-electric (not necessarily at hellburn levels, but enough to meet the station/ship's power needs)
- A **tested and functioning** toxins, if there is a toxins on the map. :biohazard_sign:
- **Working** shuttles, for the escape shuttle, mining and visiting traders. Some maps can have different facing traders which are not present in the release. If so, please let the coders know when you are submitting your map.
- **Correctly placed spawn points** for all present jobs, late-joiners, observers and so on. Failing to place these will result in players being dropped in to 1,1, which is a Bad Thing.
- A **correctly linked** up syndicate listening post (i.e. nuclear operatives should be able to teleport there), and the airlocks should absolutely be correctly configured.
- A **Correctly placed** landmark for the Map at 1,1.
- **Windows** should be placed using the `obj/wingrille_spawn` spawners.
- Non-full-tile windows ('thindows') should not be used, as they are being phased out.
- **Firedoors** should be placed using the `obj/firedoor_spawn` spawners.
- **Drains** scattered around, the path is `/obj/machinery/drainage`.
###### These are generally recommended map features that should probably be present in your map. If they are present, please ensure they work as intended.
- An owlery or aviary.
- Monkeys spawn landmarks (including a place for Stirstir in the brig)
- Functioning buddy-paths. Including a tour guide written for Murray/Tour Buddy.
- If you are using perspective walls, try to minimize placing objects on the south side of rooms.
- Blobstart, peststart, and halloweenspawn landmarks.
- Medbay and Security should be well-thought out, daresay more so than other departments.
- Arrivals should have more than one exit, to prevent people from being unable to join the game.
- Cloning should follow the style of modern maps and be mostly public access.
- Feel free to take inspiration from other maps, but please don't copy paste large parts of them.
- If you use random item spawners, try using the types of them that create specific numbers of items. This way you don't risk accidentally overloading rooms with items because RNG decided it to be so.
- Ephemeral spacemas ornaments (versions of the ornaments that disappear when it's not spacemas time). This prevents having to create or maintain a second version of the map.