# OmiseGO - Researcher (NYC)
Contact: Kelvin Fichter (email@example.com)
## About OmiseGO
OmiseGO (https://omisego.network) is building a decentralized exchange and payment network on top of the Ethereum blockchain. Our core product, the OMG Network, opens up possibilities for new financial services available to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
## About the Role
OmiseGO is one of the leading teams researching and developing Plasma (http://plasma.io/), a framework for scalable blockchain applications. The Plasma framework makes the OMG Network one of the most scalable decentralized exchange platforms yet. As a researcher for OmiseGO, you’ll be working with other researchers from all around the Ethereum ecosystem to design new blockchain mechanisms and even entirely new Plasma chains.
Most of your time will be spent diving into, and contributing to, academic literature about blockchains, economics, and cryptography. You’ll get a deep understanding of the inner workings of blockchain systems and become an expert in everything Plasma.
Although OmiseGO is a global team, this position is primarily for candidates based in NYC. We have openings for full-time, part-time, and intern researchers.
* Contribute to the state of blockchain/Plasma research.
* Design mechanisms to solve real problems for the OMG network.
* Document specifications for feedback from the broader Ethereum research community.
* Develop proof of concept implementations of new specifications.
* Collaborate with the blockchain engineering team to help implement specifications for production.
* Strong math, science, engineering, or economics background.
* 1-3 years of programming experience.
* Blockchain/Ethereum experience a strong plus, but not necessary.
* Willingness to learn new things and share that knowledge with others.
* Ability to communicate complex concepts to others.
* Work on hard problems with real impact in the blockchain and decentralize exchange space.
* Learn and build alongside an international team of enthusiasts and blockchain experts.
* Competitive salary based on a B2B agreement or an employment contract.