# Blockchain Summer School 2019 at IT University of Copenhagen - Required reading
Please, take into consideration this list of required and optional reading while you work on the [use cases](https://github.com/blockchain-summer-school-2019/use-cases). The first section is intended for all the students, while the other sections are intended just for students who will work on the use case of the correspondent partner.
* Antonopoulos, A. M. (2014). Mastering Bitcoin: unlocking digital cryptocurrencies. " O'Reilly Media, Inc.". (first 2 chapters) https://github.com/bitcoinbook/bitcoinbook
* Antonopoulos, A. M., & Wood, G. (2018). Mastering ethereum: building smart contracts and dapps. O'Reilly Media. (first 2 chapters) https://github.com/ethereumbook/ethereumbook
* Bano, S., Sonnino, A., Al-Bassam, M., Azouvi, S., McCorry, P., Meiklejohn, S., & Danezis, G. (2017). Consensus in the age of blockchains. London: University College London and The Alan Turing Institute.
* Croman, K., Decker, C., Eyal, I., Gencer, A. E., Juels, A., Kosba, A., Miller, A., Saxena, P., Shi, E., Sirer, E. G., Song, D., & Wattenhofer, R. (2016). On scaling decentralized blockchains. In International Conference on Financial Cryptography and Data Security (pp. 106-125). Christ Church, Barbados: Springer.
* Gervais, A., Karame, G. O., Wüst, K., Glykantzis, V., Ritzdorf, H., & Capkun, S. (2016). On the security and performance of proof of work blockchains. In Proceedings of the 2016 ACM SIGSAC conference on computer and communications security (pp. 3-16). Vienna, Austria: ACM.
* Meiklejohn, S., Pomarole, M., Jordan, G., Levchenko, K., McCoy, D., Voelker, G. M., & Savage, S. (2013). A fistful of bitcoins: characterizing payments among men with no names. In Proceedings of the 2013 conference on Internet measurement conference (pp. 127-140). Barcelona, Spain: ACM.
Max Planck Digital Library
### Required reading
* Polkadot whitepaper: https://polkadot.network/PolkaDotPaper.pdf
* Zamyatin, Alexei, et al. "Xclaim: Trustless, interoperable, cryptocurrency-backed assets." IEEE Security and Privacy. IEEE (2019). https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Alexei_Zamyatin/publication/331789081_XCLAIM_Trustless_Interoperable_Cryptocurrency-Backed_Assets/links/5c8bd64d45851564fadfe90d/XCLAIM-Trustless-Interoperable-Cryptocurrency-Backed-Assets.pdf
* M. Herlihy, “Atomic cross-chain swaps,” in Proceedings of the 2018, ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing. ACM, 2018, pp. 245–254. https://arxiv.org/abs/1801.09515
### Further reading
* “Bitcoin Wiki: Hashed Time-Lock Contracts,” https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Hash_Time_Locked_Contracts, accessed: 2018-05-16. See also https://rusty.ozlabs.org/?p=462.
* “BTC Relay,” https://github.com/ethereum/btcrelay, accessed 2018-04-17.
* A. Back, M. Corallo, L. Dashjr, M. Friedenbach, G. Maxwell, A. Miller, A. Poelstra, J. Timón, and P. Wuille, “Enabling blockchain innovations with pegged sidechains,” https://blockstream.com/sidechains.pdf, 2014, accessed: 2016-07-05.
* Polkadot research pages: https://research.web3.foundation/en/latest/polkadot/
* Cosmos whitepaper: https://github.com/cosmos/cosmos/blob/master/WHITEPAPER.md
* CBS CaseCompetition 2019 (useful to get more granularity on what Carlsberg wants to achieve as a company) https://bit.ly/319j7Me
* Using blockchains for media content distribution - Introducing: Smart Media Files https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9lw6bwa9urun8v/Blockchains_for_media_distribution.pdf
* IPFS https://github.com/ipfs/papers/raw/master/ipfs-cap2pfs/ipfs-p2p-file-system.pdf
* Raiden Network https://github.com/raiden-network/microraiden/releases (accessed 2018-12-28.)
* DDEX data standard for the music industry https://ddex.net/