# RoO update on committees
This is a working draft on updates to [Board Rules of Order](https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board_Rules_of_Order) to cover how committees are formed and operate. Given that we're documenting committees here, might as well do working groups too.
## Add new section on working groups and committees
#### 9. Working Groups, Committees, and Special Committees
1. Working groups handle much of the day to day activity of the OSM Foundation. They have an ongoing scope and remit, with delegated responsibility from the Board.
2. Working groups are proposed by members of the Foundation. A proposal includes its purpose, scope and remit; membership criteria and governance structure; logistics of meetings, and internal and external communications; a first-year work plan and budget.
3. The board considers working group proposals, and approves, rejects, or requests changes and re-submission of proposals.
4. Board members may serve in OSMF working groups, but should refrain from chairing them.
5. Committees are defined in the Articles of Association 91-94, and not typically employed by the Board.
6. Special committees are formed to deal with backlog and future Board action items in an expeditious manner, by studying and recommending actions on issues, or to handle a time delimited set of topics. They are not standing Committees, but deal with a delimited set of tasks.
7. A special commmittee is proposed and approved or rejected by the Board. A proposal includes a list of the specific tasks the special committee will undertake, and when it will report back to the Board.
8. The work of a special committee is initiated by a board member. Other board members, members of the Foundation and community may be invited to the special committee if deemed helpful and appropriate. The chair may be anyone sitting on the special committee.
## Strike 2.4
> Board members may serve in OSMF working groups, but should refrain from chairing them
This is now covered in section 9 and does not need to be duplicated
## Track original and revision date
Change preface to include original adoption date, and most recent revision date.
> 1.2 These rules have been agreed on by the board on 2018-06-21 and will remain in force until they are replaced by a new set of rules, or abolished altogether.
> 1.2 These rules were originally agreed on by the board on 2012-11-04, and most recently updated on YYYY-YY-YY, and will remain in force until they are replaced by a new set of rules, or abolished altogether.